Investigators and institutions participating in the Acute heart failure Volume Control Multicenter rAndomized (AVCMA) trial are listed in the Appendix.
Acute heart failure volume control multicenter randomized (AVCMA) trial: Comparison of tolvaptan and carperitide
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of The American College of Clinical Pharmacology
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 53, Issue 12, pages 1277–1285, December 2013
How to Cite
Suzuki, S., Yoshihisa, A., Yamaki, T., Sugimoto, K., Kunii, H., Nakazato, K., Abe, Y., Saito, T., Ohwada, T., Suzuki, H., Saitoh, S.-i., Kubota, I., Takeishi, Y. and on behalf of the AVCMA investigators (2013), Acute heart failure volume control multicenter randomized (AVCMA) trial: Comparison of tolvaptan and carperitide. Journal of Clinical Pharma, 53: 1277–1285. doi: 10.1002/jcph.197
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 25 APR 2013
- Japanese Heart Foundation. Grant Number: 12100026
- 1American College of Cardiology; American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines; American College of Chest Physicians; International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation; Heart Rhythm Society. ACC/AHA 2005 Guideline Update for the Diagnosis and Management of Chronic Heart Failure in the Adult: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Update the 2001 Guidelines for the Evaluation and Management of Heart Failure): developed in collaboration with the American College of Chest Physicians and the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation: endorsed by the Heart Rhythm Society. Circulation. 2005; 112:e154–e235., , , et al.
- 4American College of Cardiology Foundation; American Heart Association. 2009 Focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA 2005 Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Heart Failure in Adults: A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines Developed in Collaboration With the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53:e1–e90., , , et al.
- 15Multicenter prospective investigation on efficacy, safety of carperitide as a first-line drug for acute heart failure syndrome with preserved blood pressure: COMPASS: carperitide effects observed through monitoring dyspnea in acute decompensated heart failure study. Circ J. 2008; 72:1777–1786., , , et al.
- 18Efficacy of Vasopressin Antagonism in Heart Failure Outcome Study With Tolvaptan (EVEREST) Investigators. Short-term clinical effects of tolvaptan, an oral vasopressin antagonist, in patients hospitalized for heart failure: the EVEREST clinical status trials. JAMA. 2007; 297:1332–1343., , , et al.
- 22ADHERE Scientific Advisory Committee, Investigators. Characteristics, outcomes of patients hospitalized for heart failure in the United States: rationale, design, preliminary observations from the first 100,000 cases in the Acute Decompensated Heart Failure National Registry (ADHERE). Am Heart J. 2005; 149:209–216., , , et al.
- 25Acute hemodynamic effects of tolvaptan, a vasopressin V2 receptor blocker, in patients with symptomatic heart failure and systolic dysfunction: an international, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52:1540–1545., , , et al.
- 28Efficacy of vasopressin antagonism in heart failure outcome study with tolvaptan (EVEREST) investigators. Short-term clinical effects of tolvaptan, an oral vasopressin antagonist, in patients hospitalized for heart failure: The EVEREST Clinical Status Trials. JAMA. 2007; 297:1332–1343., , , et al.
- 34Evaluation of costs associated with tolvaptan-mediated length-of-stay reduction among heart failure patients with hyponatremia in the US, based on the EVEREST trial. J Med Econ. 2012; 15:276–284., , , et al.