Effects of subcutaneous pasireotide on cardiac repolarization in healthy volunteers: A single-center, phase I, randomized, four-way crossover study
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2013
© 2013 The Authors. The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of The American College of Clinical Pharmacology
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 54, Issue 1, pages 75–86, January 2014
How to Cite
Breitschaft, A., Hu, K., Darstein, C., Ligueros-Saylan, M., Jordaan, P., Song, D., Hudson, M. and Shah, R. (2014), Effects of subcutaneous pasireotide on cardiac repolarization in healthy volunteers: A single-center, phase I, randomized, four-way crossover study. Journal of Clinical Pharma, 54: 75–86. doi: 10.1002/jcph.213
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 OCT 2013 04:50AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUN 2013
- Novartis Pharma AG
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- 7Effect of somatostatin on the conduction system of the heart. Kardiol Pol. 1993; 38:258–262., ,
- 8Arizona CERT. Drugs that prolong the QT interval and/or induce torsades de pointes ventricular arrhythmia. 2011. Available at: http://www.qtdrugs.org/ (last accessed September 2013).
- 12Novartis Pharma AG. Signifor Summary of Product Characteristics. 2012. Available at: http://www.signifor.com/european-product-characteristics.jsp (last accessed February 2013).
- 13FDA. Guidance for Industry: E14 Clinical evaluation of QT/QTc interval prolongation and proarrhythmic potential for non-antiarryhthmic drugs. 2005. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Regulatory/Guidances/ucm129357.pdf (last accessed October 2013).
- 14A simulation study of power in thorough QT/QTc studies and a normal approximation for planning purposes. Drug Inf J. 2005; 39:447–455.,
- 15An improved Bonferroni procedure for multiple tests of significance. Biometrika. 1986; 73:751–754.
- 16Evaluation of a drug-induced QT/QTc prolongation in the presence of the drug induced changes in heart rate by using population PK/PD modeling approach: sibenadet experience. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2008; 83(S41–S42):abst OII-E-2., , , , ,
- 17Analysis of QT interval in clinical trials. Drug Inf J. 2002; 36:269–279.,
- 27Long-term efficacy and safety of subcutaneous pasireotide in acromegaly: results from an open-ended, multicenter, Phase II extension study. Pituitary. 2013; Mar 26:[Epub ahead of print], , , et al.
- 30Pasireotide (SOM230), a novel multi-receptor-targeted somatostatin analogue, is well tolerated when administered as a continuous 7-day subcutaneous infusion in healthy male volunteers. J Clin Pharmacol. 2012; 52:1017–1027., , , et al.
- 34Novartis Pharmaceuticals. Signifor Prescribing Information. 2012. Available at: http://www.pharma.us.novartis.com/cs/www.pharma.us.novartis.com/product/pi/pdf/signifor.pdf (last accessed February 2013).