Experimental LPS-induced cholestasis alters subcellular distribution and affects colocalization of Mrp2 and Bsep proteins: A quantitative colocalization study
Article first published online: 21 JUL 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Microscopy Research and Technique
Volume 67, Issue 2, pages 65–70, 1 June 2005
How to Cite
Zinchuk, V., Zinchuk, O. and Okada, T. (2005), Experimental LPS-induced cholestasis alters subcellular distribution and affects colocalization of Mrp2 and Bsep proteins: A quantitative colocalization study. Microsc. Res. Tech., 67: 65–70. doi: 10.1002/jemt.20184
- Issue published online: 21 JUL 2005
- Article first published online: 21 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Received: 16 MAR 2005
- 2001. Human bile salt export pump promoter is transactivated by the farnesoid X receptor/bile acid receptor. J Biol Chem 276: 28857–28865. , , , , .
- 2004. LPS-induced downregulation of MRP2 and BSEP in human liver is due to a posttranscriptional process. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 287: G1008–1016. , , , , , , , .
- 1989. Extrahepatic obstructive cholestasis reverses the bile salt secretory polarity of rat hepatocytes. J Clin Invest 84: 876–885. , , .
- 1997. Molecular regulation of sinusoidal liver bile acid transporters during cholestasis. Yale J Biol Med 70: 355–363. , .
- 2003. Effects of proinflammatory cytokines on rat organic anion transporters during toxic liver injury and cholestasis. Hepatology 38: 345–354. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. The sister of P-glycoprotein represents the canalicular bile salt export pump of mammalian liver. J Biol Chem 273: 10046–10050. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Regulation of hepatocyte bile salt transporters by endotoxin and inflammatory cytokines in rodents. Gastroenterology 111: 193–198. , , .
- 2001. Function and regulation of ATP-binding cassette transport proteins involved in hepatobiliary transport. Eur J Pharm Sci 12: 525–543. , , , .
- 1999. Regulation of the multidrug resistance protein 2 in the rat liver by lipopolysaccharide and dexamethasone. Gastroenterology 116: 401–410. , , , .
- 2004. Colocalization analysis yields superior results after image restoration. Microsc Res Tech 64: 103–112. , .
- 1990. Bile duct ligation-induced redistribution of canalicular antigen in rat hepatocyte plasma membranes demonstrated by immunogold quantitation. Histochemistry 94: 373–379. , , .
- 2000. Expression of the bile salt export pump is maintained after chronic cholestasis in the rat. Gastroenterology 118: 163–172. , , , , , .
- 1993. Measurement of co-localization of objects in dual-colour confocal images. J Microsc 169: 375–382. , , .
- 1999. Kupffer cell-mediated down regulation of rat hepatic CMOAT/MRP2 gene expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 255: 143–149. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Zonal down-regulation and redistribution of the multidrug resistance protein 2 during bile duct ligation in rat liver. Hepatology 31: 684–693. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Apical endocytosis in rat hepatocytes In situ involves clathrin, traverses a subapical compartment, and leads to lysosomes. Gastroenterology 119: 1692–1707. , , .
- 1996. Endotoxin stimulates hydrogen peroxide detoxifying activity in rat hepatic endothelial cells. Hepatology 24: 691–696. , , .
- 2001. Alterations in vesicle transport and cell polarity in rat hepatocytes subjected to mechanical or chemical cholestasis. Gastroenterology 121: 1176–1184. , , .
- 1997. The rat canalicular conjugate export pump (Mrp2) is down-regulated in intrahepatic and obstructive cholestasis. Gastroenterology 113: 255–264. , , , , , , , , .
- 1976. Cholestatic effects of Escherichia coli endotoxin endotoxin on the isolated perfused rat liver. Gastroenterology 70: 248–253. , , .
- 1998. Up-regulation of the multidrug resistance genes, Mrp1 and Mdr1b, and down-regulation of the organic anion transporter, Mrp2, and the bile salt transporter, Spgp, in endotoxemic rat liver. Hepatology 28: 1637–1644. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Dynamics of PAF-induced conjunctivitis reveals differential expression of PAF receptor by macrophages and eosinophils in the rat. Cell Tissue Res 317: 265–277. , , .
- 2001. Lipopolysaccharide alters ecto-ATP-diphosphohydrolase and causes relocation of its reaction product in experimental intrahepatic cholestasis. Cell Tissue Res 304: 103–109. , , .
- 2002. Asynchronous expression and colocalization of Bsep and Mrp2 during development of rat liver. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282: G540–548. , , , .