Gene therapy clinical trials worldwide to 2007—an update
Version of Record online: 23 AUG 2007
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
The Journal of Gene Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 10, pages 833–842, October 2007
How to Cite
Edelstein, M. L., Abedi, M. R. and Wixon, J. (2007), Gene therapy clinical trials worldwide to 2007—an update. J. Gene Med., 9: 833–842. doi: 10.1002/jgm.1100
- Issue online: 20 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 23 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Received: 1 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 AUG 2007
- 12for the European Society of Gene Therapy. Report of a second serious adverse event in a clinical trial of gene therapy for X-linked severe combined immune deficiency (X-SCID). Position of the European Society of Gene Therapy (ESGT). J Gene Med 2003; 5: 261–262.
- 13Report from the ASGT Ad Hoc Committee on Retroviral-mediated Gene Transfer to Hematopoietic Stem Cells. Available: http://www.asgt.org/position_statements/report_042003/ index.html.
- 16Gene Therapy Advisory Committee 12th Annual Report (pages 10 and 13–15). Available: http://www.advisorybodies.doh. gov.uk/genetics/gtac/GTAC12thannualReport.pdf.
- 19European Society of Gene Therapy (ESGT). One of three successfully treated CGD patients in a Swiss-German gene therapy trial died due to his underlying disease: A position statement from the European Society of Gene Therapy (ESGT). J Gene Med 2006; 8: 1435.
- 21Rush University Medical Center and UCSF researchers found gene therapy appeared to reduce symptoms of Parkinson's disease by 40 percent. Press release from Rush University Medical Center, October 16, 2006; Available: http://www.rush.edu/webapps/MEDREL/servlet/ NewsRelease?id = 802.
- 25NIH Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee (RAC). Available: http://www4.od.nih.gov/oba/rac/aboutrdagt.htm.
- 26UK Department of Health: Gene Therapy Advisory Committee (GTAC). Available: http://www.doh.gov.uk/genetics/gtac/.
- 27Belgian Biosafety Server gene therapy clinical trials information. Available: http://www.biosafety.be/GT/regulatory/ GTtrials.html.
- 28DeReG—German Somatic Gene Transfer Clinical Trial Database. Available: http://www.zks.uni-freiburg.de/dereg/ index_engl.html.
- 29Gene Therapy Research Advisory Panel (GTRAP) of Australia. Available: http://www.health.gov.au/nhmrc/research/ gtrap.htm.
- 30Swiss Expert Committee for Biosafety (EFBS/CFSB) gene therapy clinical trials information. Available: http://www.efbs.ch/buwal/eng/fachgebiete/fg_efbs/ rubrik_gentherapie/gen_versuche/index.html.
- 31Chinese State Food and Drug Administration clinical trials database. Available: http://app1.sfda.gov.cn/webportal/ portal.po?UID = DWV1_WOUID_URL_4258.
- 32Dutch Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment (VROM) GGO Office site. Available: http://www.vrom.nl/ggo-vergunningverlening.
- 33European Community clinical trials database (EudraCT). Available: http://eudract.emea.europa.eu/.
- 38Sirna Therapeutics announces programs in strategic research alliance with GlaxoSmithKline. Press release from Sirna Therapeutics. Available: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c = 141787&p = irol-newsArticle&ID = 852037&highlight =.
- 39Merck & Co., Inc. announces completion of acquisition of Sirna Therapeutics, Inc. Press release from Sirna Therapeutics. Available: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c = 141787&p = irol-newsArticle&ID = 945592&highlight =.
- 40Mirus Bio awarded broad European patent covering intravascular injection method. Press release from Mirus Bio Corporation. Available: http://www.mirusbio.com/news/releases/ 20061031.asp.
- 41Mirus Bio awarded broad RNAi patent using hydrodynamic intravascular injection. Press release from Mirus Bio Corporation. Available: http://www.mirusbio.com/news/releases/ 20061214.asp.
- 42Mirus Bio Corporation enters into agreement with Pfizer, Inc. to evaluate RNAi delivery technology. Press release from Mirus Bio Corporation. Available: http://www.mirusbio.com/news/releases/20070109.asp.