The Growth of Limits of Vertex Replacement Rules
Article first published online: 17 JUL 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Graph Theory
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 103–117, May 2013
How to Cite
Previte, J., Previte, M. and Vanderschoot, M. (2013), The Growth of Limits of Vertex Replacement Rules. J. Graph Theory, 73: 103–117. doi: 10.1002/jgt.21660
- Issue published online: 5 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 17 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 31 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 JUL 2009
- growth degree;
- Hausdorff dimension;
- vertex replacement rules;
- graph substitutions
In this article, we give conditions to distinguish whether a vertex replacement rule given by a single graph H yields a limit graph having polynomial or exponential growth. In the case of polynomial growth, we compute the growth degree of the limit graph.