Monochromatic Kr-Decompositions of Graphs
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Graph Theory
Volume 76, Issue 2, pages 89–100, June 2014
How to Cite
Liu, H. and Sousa, T. (2014), Monochromatic Kr-Decompositions of Graphs. J. Graph Theory, 76: 89–100. doi: 10.1002/jgt.21750
- Issue published online: 1 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 3 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 JUL 2012
- FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia. Grant Numbers: PTDC/MAT/113207/2009, PEst-OE/MAT/UI0297/2011
- graph decompositions;
- monochromatic graph decomposiitons
Given graphs G and H, and a coloring of the edges of G with k colors, a monochromatic H-decomposition of G is a partition of the edge set of G such that each part is either a single edge or forms a monochromatic graph isomorphic to H. Let be the smallest number ϕ such that any graph G of order n and any coloring of its edges with k colors, admits a monochromatic H-decomposition with at most ϕ parts. Here, we study the function for and .