She received her PhD from the University of Pennsylvania in 2007. Her forthcoming book, The Social Scientists' War: Knowledge, Statecraft, and Democracy in the Era of Containment, traces the history of Pentagon-funded social research in foreign nations to explore the relationship between expert knowledge and liberal democracy in Cold War America. Her recent publications include “Gray Matters: Social Scientists, Military Patronage, and Democracy in the Cold War,” Journal of American History, 96 (2009), 99–122.
The last stand of the psychocultural Cold warriors: Military contract research in Vietnam
Version of Record online: 5 JUL 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of the History of the Behavioral Sciences
Special Issue: The Human Sciences and Cold War America
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 232–250, Summer 2011
How to Cite
Rohde, J. (2011), The last stand of the psychocultural Cold warriors: Military contract research in Vietnam. J. Hist. Behav. Sci., 47: 232–250. doi: 10.1002/jhbs.20509
- Issue online: 5 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 5 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!