I am grateful to Win Whitcomb and John Nelson for their friendship and inspiration, and for reviewing the manuscript, which helped to compensate for my faltering memory.
The Penetrating Point
Reflections: The hospitalist movement a decade later†
Article first published online: 9 AUG 2006
Copyright © 2006 Society of Hospital Medicine
Journal of Hospital Medicine
Volume 1, Issue 4, pages 248–252, July/August 2006
How to Cite
Wachter, R. M. (2006), Reflections: The hospitalist movement a decade later. J. Hosp. Med., 1: 248–252. doi: 10.1002/jhm.105
- Issue published online: 9 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 9 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 11 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Received: 16 APR 2006
- 1The emerging role of “hospitalists” in the American health care system. N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 514–517. http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/335/7/514, .
- 7To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Washington, DC: Committee on Quality of Health Care in America, Institute of Medicine. National Academy Press; 2000., , .
- 8Committee on Quality of Health Care in America, IOM. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001.