Transforming Hospital Care
Transition of care for hospitalized elderly patients—Development of a discharge checklist for hospitalists
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2006
Copyright © 2006 Society of Hospital Medicine
Journal of Hospital Medicine
Volume 1, Issue 6, pages 354–360, November/December 2006
How to Cite
Halasyamani, L., Kripalani, S., Coleman, E., Schnipper, J., van Walraven, C., Nagamine, J., Torcson, P., Bookwalter, T., Budnitz, T. and Manning, D. (2006), Transition of care for hospitalized elderly patients—Development of a discharge checklist for hospitalists. J. Hosp. Med., 1: 354–360. doi: 10.1002/jhm.129
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 1 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Received: 28 MAR 2006
- John A. Hartford Foundation
- NIH career development award. Grant Number: K23 HL077597
- NHLBI career development award
- 6Exploring the causes of adverse events in NHS hospital practice. J. R. Soc Med. 2001; 94: 553., , .
- 15Why we need to learn standardisation. Aust Fam Physician. 2005; 34(1-2): 67–68..
- 16Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. 2006 Critical Access Hospital and Hospital National Patient Safety Goals. Available at: http://www.jcaho.org/accredited+organizations/patient+safety/06_npsg/06_npsg_cah_hap.htm.
- 17Census Bureau of Statistics, 2000.
- 23Institute for Healthcare Improvement, personal communication..
- 24Institute of Medicine. KindigDA, editor. Health Literacy: A Prescription to End Confusion. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2004.
- 25Independent Mobility Validation Exam (I-MOVE): a tool for periodic reassessment of fall-risk and discharge planning. Abstract and Poster presentation at SHM (formerly NAIP) 5th Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, April 9, 2002., , .
- 30JCAHO Manual: Information Management (IM) 6.10 and Patient Care (PC) 15.30
- 31Specific appointments after pneumonia hospitalization reduce readmissions. Abstract and Poster presentation at SHM (formerly NAIP) 5th Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, April 9, 2002., .