Telephone: 603-653-9500; Fax: 603-650-0915
Article first published online: 12 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 Society of Hospital Medicine
Journal of Hospital Medicine
Volume 4, Issue 8, pages E1–E9, October 2009
How to Cite
Batsis, J. A., Huddleston, J. M., Melton, L. J., Huddleston, P. M., Larson, D. R., Gullerud, R. E. and McMahon, M. M. (2009), Body mass index (BMI) and risk of noncardiac postoperative medical complications in elderly hip fracture patients: A population-based study. J. Hosp. Med., 4: E1–E9. doi: 10.1002/jhm.527
Work was performed in part while J.A.B. was at Mayo Clinic Rochester. Dr. Huddleston is supported by grant number 1 KL2 RR024151-01 from the National Center for Research Resources (NCRR), a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and NIH Roadmap for Medical Research. The contents of the manuscript are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official view of NCRR or NIH. Information on NCRR is available at http://www.ncrr.nih.gov. The research was made possible by the American Heart Association—National Scientist Development Award (03-30103N-04 to J.M.H.). This study was also made possible by the Rochester Epidemiology Project (Grant # RD1-AR30582, from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases). Work was presented in part at the 19th International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics Congress, Paris, France, July, 2009.
Disclosure: Nothing to report.
- Issue published online: 14 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 12 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 25 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 3 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!