Disclosure: Nothing to report.
Left bundle branch block (LBBB) masks changes due to hyperkalemia: A myth†
Article first published online: 8 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Society of Hospital Medicine
Journal of Hospital Medicine
Volume 5, Issue 4, pages 226–227, April 2010
How to Cite
Kumar, A., Shah, N. and Jesmajian, S. (2010), Left bundle branch block (LBBB) masks changes due to hyperkalemia: A myth. J. Hosp. Med., 5: 226–227. doi: 10.1002/jhm.625
- Issue published online: 8 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 8 APR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 28 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 2009
- diagnostic decision making;
Left bundle branch block masks ischemic changes but not those due to electrolyte imbalance. Peaking of T waves, prolongation of PR interval, diminution/absence of P wave, and widening of QRS complex can still be appreciated if one carefully compares the baseline ECG to the presenting ECG. Journal of Hospital Medicine 2010;5:226–227. © 2010 Society of Hospital Medicine.