Telephone: 613-761-4903; Fax: 613-761-5492
Article first published online: 9 SEP 2010
Copyright © 2010 Society of Hospital Medicine
Journal of Hospital Medicine
Volume 5, Issue 7, pages 398–405, September 2010
How to Cite
van Walraven, C., Taljaard, M., Etchells, E., Bell, C. M., Stiell, I. G., Zarnke, K. and Forster, A. J. (2010), The independent association of provider and information continuity on outcomes after hospital discharge: Implications for hospitalists. J. Hosp. Med., 5: 398–405. doi: 10.1002/jhm.716
This study was conducted using funding from Canadian Institutes for Health Research and the Physicians' Services Incorporated Foundation. Dr. Bell is supported by a Canadian Institutes of Health Research and Canadian Patient Safety Institute chair in Patient Safety and Continuity of Care.
Preliminary results of this study were presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for General Internal Medicine in Toronto May 2007.
Disclosure: None of the authors have any potential conflicts of interest, financial interests, relationships, or affiliations relevant to the subject of their manuscript. Dr. van Walraven had full access to all of the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis. This study was conducted using funding from Canadian Institutes for Health Research and the Physicians' Services Incorporated Foundation. Neither funding agency had any role in the conduct of the study. Dr. Forster is a Career Scientist with the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
- Issue published online: 9 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 9 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 10 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Received: 2 NOV 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.