Telephone: 413 794-5422; Fax: 413 794-8866
Article first published online: 21 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 Society of Hospital Medicine
Journal of Hospital Medicine
Volume 5, Issue 6, pages E12–E18, July/August 2010
How to Cite
Lindenauer, P. K., Bernheim, S. M., Grady, J. N., Lin, Z., Wang, Y., Wang, Y., Merrill, A. R., Han, L. F., Rapp, M. T., Drye, E. E., Normand, S.-L. T. and Krumholz, H. M. (2010), The performance of US hospitals as reflected in risk-standardized 30-day mortality and readmission rates for medicare beneficiaries with pneumonia. J. Hosp. Med., 5: E12–E18. doi: 10.1002/jhm.822
The analyses upon which this publication is based were performed under Contract Number HHSM-500-2008-0025I (0001), entitled “Measure & Instrument Development and Support (MIDS)-Development and Re-evaluation of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Hospital Outcomes and Efficiency Measures,” and HHSM-500-2008-00020I (0001) entitled “Production and Implementation of Hospital Outcome and Efficiency Measures” funded by the CMS, Department of Health and Human Services. The content of this publication does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Department of Health and Human Services. The authors assume full responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the ideas presented.
Disclosure: Dr. Bernheim, Jacqueline Grady, Zhenqiu Lin, Yun Wang, Yongfei Wang, Elizabeth Drye, and Harlan Krumholz all work under contract with CMS to develop and maintain performance measures. Dr. Han and Dr. Rapp are employed by CMS.
- Issue published online: 12 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 21 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 8 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 13 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.