Telephone: 303-514-0548; fax: 303-724-2530
“They're going to unplug grandma”: Advance directive discussions and documentation do not decrease survival in patients at baseline lower risk of death†
Article first published online: 29 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 Society of Hospital Medicine
Journal of Hospital Medicine
Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 3–7, January 2012
How to Cite
Fischer, S. M., Min, S.-J., Sauaia, A. and Kutner, J. S. (2012), “They're going to unplug grandma”: Advance directive discussions and documentation do not decrease survival in patients at baseline lower risk of death. J. Hosp. Med., 7: 3–7. doi: 10.1002/jhm.930
Abstract presented at Society of General Internal Medicine meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2010.
Funding for this study came from the Brookdale Leadership in Aging Fellowship Program and the National Institutes of Aging K23 AG028957-02. Disclosures: The authors have no conflicts of interest and no financial relationships with funding sources.
- Issue published online: 3 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 29 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 23 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 19 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.