I am grateful to Kathleen Beegle, Chris Barrett, Joachim de Weerdt, Hans Hoogeveen, Alessandro Romeo, Diane Steele, Mark Davies and Travis Lybbert for their helpful comments. Staff at Economic Development Initiatives in Bukoba, Tanzania provided invaluable support. The research described in this paper was supported with a Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant from the National Science Foundation (SES-0921833), as well as collaborative funding from the World Bank LSMS-ISA program in the Research Group, a Chester O. McCorkle Fellowship from the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, and grants from the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies, the Institute for the Social Sciences, and the College of Arts and Sciences at Cornell University. References to ‘we’ in the paper refer to the author and members of the research team, particularly Diego Shirima, Geofrey Mwemezi and Msafiri Msedi. All errors are the author's.
Using mobile phones to collect panel data in developing countries†
Article first published online: 9 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of International Development
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 518–527, May 2012
How to Cite
Dillon, B. (2012), Using mobile phones to collect panel data in developing countries. J. Int. Dev., 24: 518–527. doi: 10.1002/jid.1771
- Issue published online: 16 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 9 FEB 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!