Synthesis of deuterium-labeled pregabalin
Article first published online: 13 OCT 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Labelled Compounds and Radiopharmaceuticals
Volume 54, Issue 13, pages 809–812, November 2011
How to Cite
Shen, Z., Wu, W., Wang, W. and Chen, L. (2011), Synthesis of deuterium-labeled pregabalin. J Label Compd Radiopharm, 54: 809–812. doi: 10.1002/jlcr.1936
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 13 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 27 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2011
- San Chuang Joint Project of Nanjing University of Technology
- Nanjing New & High Technology Industry Development Zone
This paper describes the synthesis of deuterium-labeled pregabalin. The stable isotopic-labeled compound was obtained in nine steps starting from the commercially available 4-[2H11]methylvaleric acid as the stable-labeled reagent. It is used as an internal standard for analysis and metabolic studies.
Pregabalin labeled with 2H was obtained in nine steps using the commercially available 4-[2H11]methylvaleric acid as the stable-labeled reagent. The synthesis prevents deuterium from scrambling and offers the labeled compound with over 99% isotopic enrichment. Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.