I have followed Van Valen ('69) in the use of the name “carinovoran” for members of the order Carnivora to eliminate the possibility of ambiguity with the term “carnivore” which has the broad meaning of flesh-eater.
The form and function of retractile claws in the felidae and other representative carnivorans†
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2005
Copyright © 1975 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Morphology
Volume 145, Issue 2, pages 229–238, February 1975
How to Cite
Gonyea, W. and Ashworth, R. (1975), The form and function of retractile claws in the felidae and other representative carnivorans. J. Morphol., 145: 229–238. doi: 10.1002/jmor.1051450208
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2005
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!