Katrine Worsaae received her PhD from the University of Copenhagen in 2004. She is now associate research professor at the University of Copenhagen. Her research centers around the morphology and evolution of interstitial and microscopic Annelida—and evolutionary hypotheses such as progenesis. During postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Adelaide, she established a collaboration with Greg Rouse and started a detailed study of Diurodrilus. This cooperative study ultimately led to the award-winning paper published in this issue of the Journal of Morphology.
Research Article/Winner of the Reinhard Rieger Award in Zoomorphology, 1st International Congress on Invertebrate Morphology, Copenhagen, 17–22 August 2008
Is Diurodrilus an annelid?
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Morphology
Volume 269, Issue 12, pages 1426–1455, December 2008
How to Cite
Worsaae, K. and Rouse, G. W. (2008), Is Diurodrilus an annelid?. J. Morphol., 269: 1426–1455. doi: 10.1002/jmor.10686
- Issue published online: 12 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2008
- Carlsberg Foundation
- Danish Natural Science Research Council
- University of Copenhagen
- NSF. Grant Number: #0334932
This article has been cited by:
- 1Animal Phylogeny and Its Evolutionary Implications*, Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics, 2014, 45, 1, 371, , , ,
- 2Detailed reconstruction of the musculature in Limnognathia maerski (Micrognathozoa) and comparison with other Gnathifera, Frontiers in Zoology, 2014, 11, 1, 71, , , , ,
- 3Immunohistochemical and ultrastructural analysis of the muscular and nervous systems in the interstitial polychaete Polygordius appendiculatus (Annelida), Zoomorphology, 2014, 133, 1, 21, , ,
- 4Animal Evolution: Interrelationships of the Living Phyla. Claus Nielsen., Integrative and Comparative Biology, 2013, 53, 3, 532,
- 5Mitochondrial genomes to the rescue – Diurodrilidae in the myzostomid trap, Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 2013, 68, 2, 312, , , , ,
- 6Higher-level metazoan relationships: recent progress and remaining questions, Organisms Diversity & Evolution, 2011, 11, 2, 151, , , , , , , , ,
- 8Serotonin immunoreactivity in the nervous system of the Pandora larva, the Prometheus larva, and the dwarf male of Symbion americanus (Cycliophora), Zoologischer Anzeiger - A Journal of Comparative Zoology, 2010, 249, 1, 1, , ,