Finite element modeling of shell shape in the freshwater turtle Pseudemys concinna reveals a trade-off between mechanical strength and hydrodynamic efficiency
Article first published online: 31 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Morphology
Volume 272, Issue 10, pages 1192–1203, October 2011
How to Cite
Rivera, G. and Stayton, C. T. (2011), Finite element modeling of shell shape in the freshwater turtle Pseudemys concinna reveals a trade-off between mechanical strength and hydrodynamic efficiency. J. Morphol., 272: 1192–1203. doi: 10.1002/jmor.10974
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 31 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2010
- SICB Grant-in-Aid-of-Research
- American Museum of Natural History Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Award
- American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists Gaige Fund Award
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!