Finite element modeling of shell shape in the freshwater turtle Pseudemys concinna reveals a trade-off between mechanical strength and hydrodynamic efficiency
Version of Record online: 31 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Morphology
Volume 272, Issue 10, pages 1192–1203, October 2011
How to Cite
Rivera, G. and Stayton, C. T. (2011), Finite element modeling of shell shape in the freshwater turtle Pseudemys concinna reveals a trade-off between mechanical strength and hydrodynamic efficiency. J. Morphol., 272: 1192–1203. doi: 10.1002/jmor.10974
- Issue online: 12 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 31 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2010
- SICB Grant-in-Aid-of-Research
- American Museum of Natural History Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Award
- American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists Gaige Fund Award
Additional Supporting Information may be found in the online version of this article.
|JMOR_10974_sm_suppinfoappendix.doc||31K||Supporting Information Appendix|
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.