Anthony M. Rossi collected TEM data of Erpobdella punctata, Erpobdella obscura, and Myzobdella lugubris opercula and contributed to manuscript preparation. William M. Saidel collected SEM data of E. obscura cocoons and contributed to manuscript preparation. Roberto Marotta collected TEM data of Theromyzon tessulatum cocoon opercula. Naim Saglam contributed sketch of the M. lugubris cocoon. Daniel H. Shain guided the research project and contributed to preparing the manuscript.
Operculum ultrastructure in leech cocoons
Article first published online: 27 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Morphology
Volume 274, Issue 8, pages 940–946, August 2013
How to Cite
Rossi, A. M., Saidel, W. M., Marotta, R., Saglam, N. and Shain, D. H. (2013), Operculum ultrastructure in leech cocoons. J. Morphol., 274: 940–946. doi: 10.1002/jmor.20150
- Issue published online: 13 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 27 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 8 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2012
- NSF . Grant Number: IBN-0417081000