This article is published in Journal of Molecular Recognition as a special issue on Affinity 2009, edited by Gideon Fleminger, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel and George Ehrlich, Hoffmann-La Roche, Nutley, NJ, USA.
In vitro studies with mammalian cell lines and gum arabic-coated magnetic nanoparticles†
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Molecular Recognition
Special Issue: Affinity 2009 – The 18th biennial meeting of the International Society for Molecular Recognition
Volume 23, Issue 6, pages 536–542, November/December 2010
How to Cite
Bicho, A., Roque, A. C. A., Cardoso, A. S., Domingos, P. and Batalha, Í. L. (2010), In vitro studies with mammalian cell lines and gum arabic-coated magnetic nanoparticles. J. Mol. Recognit., 23: 536–542. doi: 10.1002/jmr.1066
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 30 APR 2010
- Manuscript Received: 30 NOV 2009
- 2006. Acacia gum (gum arabic). Therapy 3(2): 311–312. .
- 2009. Biological effects of gum arabic: a review of some recent research. Food Chem. Toxicol. 47(1): 1–8. , , .
- 2002. Stabilization of individual carbon nanotubes in aqueous solutions. Nano Lett. 2(1): 25–28. , , , .
- 2007a. Fast removal of copper ions by gum arabic modified magnetic nano-adsorbent. J. Hazard. Mater. 147: 792–799. , .
- 2007b. Magnetic nanoparticles grafted with cyclodextrin for hydrophobic drug delivery. Chem. Mater. 19: 6345–6349. , .
- 2008a. Cyclodextrin conjugated magnetic colloidal nanoparticles as a nanocarrier for targeted anticancer drug delivery. Nanotechnol. 19: 1–7. , .
- 2008b. Multifunctional pH-sensitive magnetic nanoparticles for simultaneous imaging, sensing and targeted intracellular anticancer drug delivery. Nanotechnology 19: 505104. , .
- 2004. The influence of transferring stabilised magnetic nanoparticles on human dermal fibroblasts in culture. Int. J. Pharm. 269: 211–225. , , , , .
- 1995. Delivery of therapeutic agents to receptors using polysaccharides. United States Patent 5554386. , , , , , .
- 2004. Surface modified superparamagnetic nanoparticles for drug delivery: interaction studies with human fibroblasts in culture. J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Med. 15(4): 493–496. , .
- 2005. Synthesis and surface engineering of iron oxide nanoparticles for biomedical applications. Biomaterials 26: 3995–4021. , .
- 1999. In vitro and in vivo toxicity of magnetic microspheres. J. Magnet. Magn. Mater. 194: 76–82. , .
- 2007. Gum Arabic as a photochemical construct for the stabilization of gold nanoparticles: in vivo pharmacokinetics and X-ray-contrast-imaging studies. Small 3(2): 333–341. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Exfoliated single-walled carbon nanotube-based hydrogen sensor. Sens. Actuat. B 130: 653–660. , , .
- 2008. Magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles: synthesis, stabilization, vectorization, physicochemical charcaterizations and biological applications. Chem. Rev. 108: 2064–2110. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Biocompatible and bioactive gum Arabic coated iron oxide magnetic nanoparticles. J. Biotechnol. 144: 313–320. , , , , .
- 2008. Adsorption of gum Arabic on bioceramic nanoparticles. Mater. Sci. Eng. C 28(3): 443–447. ,
- 2008. Magnetic nanoparticles for improving cell invasion in tissue engineering. J. Biomed. Mater. Res. 86A: 969–978. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Surface modification of magnetic nanoparticles using gum arabic. J. Nanopart. Res. 8: 749–753. , , , ,
- 2008. Surface modification of magnetic nanoparticles with oleylamine and gum arabic. Mater. Sci. Eng. C 28: 438–442. , , , , .
- 2007. Chemical investigation of the structural basis of the emulsifying activity of gum arabic. Food Hydrocoll. 21: 297–308. , , , .