This article is published in Journal of Molecular Recognition as a special issue on Affinity 2009, edited by Gideon Fleminger, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel and George Ehrlich, Hoffmann-La Roche, Nutley, NJ, USA.
Capture of human monoclonal antibodies from a clarified cell culture supernatant by phenyl boronate chromatography†
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Molecular Recognition
Special Issue: Affinity 2009 – The 18th biennial meeting of the International Society for Molecular Recognition
Volume 23, Issue 6, pages 569–576, November/December 2010
How to Cite
Azevedo, A. M., Gomes, A. G., Borlido, L., Santos, I. F. S., Prazeres, D. M. F. and Aires-Barros, M. R. (2010), Capture of human monoclonal antibodies from a clarified cell culture supernatant by phenyl boronate chromatography. J. Mol. Recognit., 23: 569–576. doi: 10.1002/jmr.1068
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 28 APR 2010
- Manuscript Received: 28 NOV 2009
- 2008. Integrated process for the purification of antibodies combining aqueous two-phase extraction, hydrophobic interaction chromatography and size-exclusion chromatography. J. Chromatogr. A 1213: 154–161. , , ,
- 2009. Chromatography-free recovery of biopharmaceuticals through aqueous two-phase processing. Trends Biotechnol. 27: 240–247. , , ,
- 2007. Production and downstream processing. In DübelS (ed.). Handbook of Therapeutic Antibodies, Wiley: Weinheim; 199–237. , , , , , , ,
- 2004. Binary and ternary phenylboronic acid complexes with saccharides and Lewis bases. Tetrahedron 60: 11175–11190. , ,
- 1992. Selective adsorption of immunoglobulins and glucosylated proteins on phenylboronate-agarose. J. Chromatogr. A 604: 109–115. , , ,
- 2009. The development of antibody purification technologies. In GottschalkU (ed.). Process Scale Purification of Antibodies, Wiley: New Jersey; 25–52.
- 1980. Increased glycosylation of serum albumin in diabetes mellitus. Diabetes 29: 417–422. ,
- 2007. Recombinant human IgG production frommmyeloma and Chinese hamster ovary cells. In ButlerM (ed.). Cell Culture and Upstream Processing, Taylor, Francis: New York; 57–78.
- 2007. Protein A affinity chromatography for capture and purification of monoclonal antibodies and Fc-fusion proteins: practical considerations for process development. In ShuklaAA, EtzelMR, GadamS (ed.). Process Scale Bioseparations for the Biopharmaceutical Industry, Taylor, Francis: Boca Raton; 463–489. , ,
- 2010. Clearance of host cell impurities from plasmid-containing lysates by boronate adsorption. J. Chromatogr. A 1217: 2262–2266. , , ,
- 2005. Structure, properties, and preparation of boronic acid derivatives. Overview of their reactions and applications. In HallDG (ed.). Boronic Acids, Wiley: Weinheim; 1–100.
- 2007. Protein A chromatography for antibody purification. J. Chromatogr. B 848: 40–47. , ,
- 2009. Downstream processing of monoclonal antibodies: current practices and future opportunities. In GottschalkU (ed.). Process Scale Purification of Antibodies, Wiley: New Jersey; 1–23. , ,
- 2006. Boronic acids as ligands for affinity chromatography. Chin. J. Chromatogr. 24: 73–80.
- 2007. Future of antibody purification. J. Chromatogr. B 848: 48–63. , ,
- 2004. Alternative bioseparation operations: life beyond packed-bed chromatography. Curr. Opin. Biotechnol. 15: 469–478. , ,
- 2009. Synthesis and characterization of a new boronate affinity monolithic capillary for specific capture of cis-diol-containing compounds. J. Chromatogr. A 1216: 4768–4774. , , , ,
- 2004. Antibodies and genetically engineered related molecules: production and purification. Biotechnol. Prog. 20: 639–654. , ,
- 2007. Affinity-based methodologies and ligands for antibody purification: advances and perspectives. J. Chromatogr. A 1160: 44–55. , ,
- 2007. Downstream processing of monoclonal antibodies – application of platform approaches. J. Chromatogr. B 848: 28–39. , , , ,
- 2002. A detailed examination of boronic acid-diol complexation. Tetrahedron 58: 5291–5300. ,
- 2004. The relationship among pKa, pH, and binding constants in the interactions between boronic acids and diols – it is not as simple as it appears. Tetrahedron 60: 11205–11209. , , ,
- 2009. Two-dimensional liquid chromatographic methods to examine phenylboronate interactions with recombinant antibodies. J. Chromatogr. A 1216: 5676–5686. , ,