Dispersive TLM Z-transform model of left-handed metamaterials
Article first published online: 7 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields
Volume 26, Issue 5, pages 457–463, September/October 2013
How to Cite
Asenov, T., Dončov, N., Milovanović, B. and Paul, J. (2013), Dispersive TLM Z-transform model of left-handed metamaterials. Int. J. Numer. Model., 26: 457–463. doi: 10.1002/jnm.1879
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 7 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 1 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 2012
- left-handed metamaterials;
- transmission-line matrix method;
- dispersive time-domain model
In this paper, a numerical model of electromagnetic left-handed metamaterials is proposed. The dispersive properties of these materials are accounted for in the time domain by using the transmission-line matrix method based on Z-transforms. The close agreements obtained between the analytic and numerical results verify the validity, accuracy and stability of the approach. Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.