Optimal conditions for in vivo induction of dopaminergic neurons from embryonic stem cells through stromal cell-derived inducing activity
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Neuroscience Research
Special Issue: Stem Cells
Volume 69, Issue 6, pages 934–939, 15 September 2002
How to Cite
Morizane, A., Takahashi, J., Takagi, Y., Sasai, Y. and Hashimoto, N. (2002), Optimal conditions for in vivo induction of dopaminergic neurons from embryonic stem cells through stromal cell-derived inducing activity. J. Neurosci. Res., 69: 934–939. doi: 10.1002/jnr.10363
- Issue published online: 27 AUG 2002
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 21 MAY 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAY 2002
- Manuscript Received: 11 MAR 2002
- Special Coordination Funds for Promoting Science and Technology from the MECSST
- Health Sciences Research Grants in Research on Human Genome, Tissue Engineering, and Food Biotechnology from the MHLW of Japan
- 1946. Estimation of nuclear population from microtome sections. Anat Rec 94: 239–247. .
- 2001. Neuroprotection through delivery of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor by neural stem cells in a mouse model of Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci 21: 8108–8118. , , , .
- 1983. Intracerebral grafting of neuronal cell suspensions. I. Introduction and general methods of preparation. Acta Physiol Scand 522(Suppl): 1–7. , , , , .
- 2002. Embryonic stem cells develop into functional dopaminergic neurons after transplantation in a Parkinson rat model. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99: 2344–2349. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1988a. Survival and function of dissociated rat dopamine neurones grafted at different developmental stages or after being cultured in vitro. Brain Res 467: 233–243. , , , , , .
- 1988b. Human fetal dopamine neurons grafted in a rat model of Parkinson's disease: immunological aspects, spontaneous and drug-induced behaviour, and dopamine release. Exp Brain Res 70: 192–208. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Growth factors regulate the survival and fate of cells derived from neurospheres. Nat Biotechnol 19: 475–479. , , , , , , .
- 1990. Early appearance of tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactive cells in the mesencephalon of mouse embryos. Int J Dev Neurosci 8: 523–532. , , , .
- 2001. Transplantation of embryonic dopamine neurons for severe Parkinson's disease. N Engl J Med 344: 710–719. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. The influence of donor age on the survival of solid and suspension intraparenchymal human embryonic nigral grafts. Cell Transplant 4: 141–154. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Synaptic integration mediated by striatal cholinergic interneurons basal ganglia function. Science 289: 633–637. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Induction of midbrain dopaminergic neurons from ES cells by stromal cell-derived inducing activity. Neuron 28: 31–40. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Generation of dopaminergic neurons and pigmented epithelia from cells by stromal cell-derived inducing activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99: 1580–1585. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Efficient generation of midbrain and hindbrain neurons from mouse embryonic stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 18: 675–679. , , , , .
- 2000. FGF-20, a novel neurotrophic factor, preferentially expressed in the substantia nigra pars compacta of rat brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 277: 355–360. , , , , , , .
- 1996. Fetal nigral transplantation as a therapy for Parkinson's disease. Trends Neurosci 19: 102–109. , , .
- 2001. Neural progenitors from human embryonic stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 19: 1134–1140. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Induced neuronal differentiation of human embryonic stem cells. Brain Res 913: 201–205. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Establishment of embryonic stem cell lines from cynomolgus monkey blastocysts produced by IVF or ICSI. Dev Dyn 222: 273–279. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Feeder-free growth of undifferentiated human embryonic stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 19: 971–974. , , , , , , .
- 2001. In vitro differentiation of transplantable neural precursors from embryonic stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 19: 1129–1133. , , , , .