Neuroprotective effect of guanosine against glutamate-induced cell death in rat hippocampal slices is mediated by the phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase/Akt/ glycogen synthase kinase 3β pathway activation and inducible nitric oxide synthase inhibition
Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Neuroscience Research
Volume 89, Issue 9, pages 1400–1408, September 2011
How to Cite
Molz, S., Dal-Cim, T., Budni, J., Martín-de-Saavedra, M.D., Egea, J., Romero, A., del Barrio, L., Rodrigues, A. L.S., López, M. G. and Tasca, C. I. (2011), Neuroprotective effect of guanosine against glutamate-induced cell death in rat hippocampal slices is mediated by the phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase/Akt/ glycogen synthase kinase 3β pathway activation and inducible nitric oxide synthase inhibition. J. Neurosci. Res., 89: 1400–1408. doi: 10.1002/jnr.22681
- Issue online: 6 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 APR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 25 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 11 NOV 2010
- Conselho de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES). Grant Number: 173/2008
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico
- Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos (FINEP). Grant Number: 01.06.0842-00
- Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation. Grant Number: SAF2009-12150
- Spanish Ministry of Education. Grant Number: PBH2007-0004-PC
- Spanish Ministry of Health (Instituto de Salud Carlos III). Grant Number: RETICS-RD06/0026
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!