Changes of air temperature and precipitation in Poland in the period 1951–2000 and their relationship to atmospheric circulation
Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2004
Copyright © 2004 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 24, Issue 3, pages 291–310, 15 March 2004
How to Cite
Degirmendžić, J., Kożuchowski, K. and Żmudzka, E. (2004), Changes of air temperature and precipitation in Poland in the period 1951–2000 and their relationship to atmospheric circulation. Int. J. Climatol., 24: 291–310. doi: 10.1002/joc.1010
- Issue online: 2 MAR 2004
- Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 9 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAY 2003
- 1986. A homogeneity test applied to precipitation data. Journal of Climatology 6: 661–675. .
- 2002. Snow cover in western Poland and macro-scale circulation conditions. International Journal of Climatology 22: 533–541. .
- 1987. Circulation processes in selected extreme precipitation months in the eastern part of central Europe. Idöjárás 91: 1–10. , .
- 2002. Atmospheric circulation and precipitation in Italy for the last 50 years. International Journal of Climatology 22: 1455–1471. , , .
- 1991. The effect of snow cover on the climate. Journal of Climate 4: 689–706. , .
- 2002. Circulation's requirements of the air temperature variations in Poland in the period 1951–2000. Przegla̧d Geofizyczny 1–2: 93–98 (in Polish). , , .
- 1982. Snow cover and temperature relationships in North America and Eurasia. Journal of Climatology and Applied Meteorology 22: 460–469. , , .
- 1948. Some aspects concerning basic forms of atmospheric circulation. Meteorologiya i Gidrologiya 3: 10–14 (in Russian). .
- 1981. Some forms of atmospheric circulation and their utilization in forecasts. Trudy AANII 373: 4–13 (in Russian). .
- 1994. Observed impact of snow cover on the heat balance and the rise of continental spring temperatures. Science 263: 198–200. , , .
- 1999. Progress in the study of climatic extremes in northern and central Europe. Climatic Change 42: 151–181. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Decadal trends in the North Atlantic oscillation: regional temperatures and precipitation. Science 269: 676–679. .
- 1997. Decadal variations in climate associated with North Atlantic oscillation. Climatic Change 36: 301–326. , .
- IPCC. 2001. A Report of Working Group I of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Summary for Policymakers. http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/vol4/english/pdf/wg1spm.pdf [25 November 2003].
- 1994. Zonal index variations, 1899–1992, links to air temperature in southern Scandinavia. Geografiska Annaler Series A: Physical Geography 76: 207–219. , .
- 1996. Relationships between surface albedo and spring heat accumulation. Tellus Series A: Dynamic Meteorology and Oceanography 48: 726–732. , .
- 1959. Atmosphere Physics, Part III. PWN: Warsaw (in Polish). .
- 1993. Variations of hemispheric zonal index since 1899 and its relationships with air temperature. International Journal of Climatology 13: 853–864. .
- 1995. Deep cyclones, anticyclones and the zonal circulation over Europe (1900–1990). Przegla̧d Geofizyczny 3: 231–246 (in Polish). .
- 1988. Variability of mean monthly temperatures and semi-annual precipitation totals in Europe in relation to hemispheric circulation patterns. Journal of Climatology 8: 191–199. , .
- 2001. The warming in Poland: the range and seasonality of the changes in air temperature in second half of the 20th century. Przegla̧d Geofizyczny 1–2: 81–90 (in Polish). , .
- 2002. Variability of the climate continentality in Poland. In Scientific activities of Professor W. Gorczyński and their continuation, Toruń; 261–282 (in Polish). , .
- 1994. The air temperature in Cracow from 1826 to 1999: persistence, fluctuations and the urban effect. International Journal of Climatology 95: 229–234. , , .
- 2000. Trends to changes in seasonal aspects of the climate in Poland. Geographia Polonica 73: 7–24. , , , .
- 1991. Analysis of the monthly zonal index values and long-term changes of circulation over the North Atlantic and Europe. International Journal of Climatology 11: 493–503. , , , .
- 2001. Long term forecast of thermal conditions during winter season in Poland. Materiały Konferencji jubileuszowej UW: 38–40 (in Polish). .
- 2001. The North Atlantic Oscillation and Air Temperature in Poland. Marine Academy: Gdynia (in Polish). , .
- 2003. Changes of Baltic Sea surface temperature in the region of the Bay of Gdańsk (1871–1992) and their relationship with air temperature. Prace Wydziatu Nawigacyjnego Akademii Morskiej 14: 109–137 (in Polish). , .
- 1966. Climatic change. WMO Technical Note 79. .
- NCEP–NCAR. 1953–1999. NCEP–NCAR Reanalysis Annual CD ROMs.
- NMC. 1996. National Meteorological Center Grid Point Data Set CD ROM Version III. June 15. Data Support Section of the NCAR and Department of Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Washington.
- 1993. On the occurrence of deep cyclones over Europe and the North Atlantic in the period 1930–1991. Beiträge zur Physik der Atmosphäre 66: 223–237. .
- 1996. Changes in surface albedo and air temperature at Tartu, Estonia. Tellus Series A: Dynamic Meteorology and Oceanography 48: 722–726. .
- 1995. Changes in snow cover and surface albedo in Estonia during the last 100 years. Meteorologische Zeitschrift 4: 67–71. , .
- 2000. Snow cover and surface albedo in Estonia. Meteorologische Zeitschrift 9: 97–102. , .
- 1982. Seasonal snow cover and short term climate fluctuations over the United States. Monthly Weather Review 110: 1474–1485. , , .
- 1985. Influences of snow cover and soil moisture on monthly temperature. Monthly Weather Review 113: 756–769. , , .
- 2002. Trends of minimum and maximum temperature in Poland. Climate Research 20: 123–133. , .
- 2000. Decadal variability of Russian winter snow accumulation and its associations with Atlantic sea surface temperature anomalies. International Journal of Climatology 20: 1709–1728. .