Snow cover in eastern Europe in relation to temperature, precipitation and circulation
Article first published online: 8 APR 2004
Copyright © 2004 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 24, Issue 5, pages 591–601, April 2004
How to Cite
Bednorz, E. (2004), Snow cover in eastern Europe in relation to temperature, precipitation and circulation. Int. J. Climatol., 24: 591–601. doi: 10.1002/joc.1014
- Issue published online: 8 APR 2004
- Article first published online: 8 APR 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 12 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAY 2003
- 2001. Historical Soviet Daily Snow Depth Version 2 (HSDSD). National Snow and Ice Data Center, Boulder, CO, USA. CD-ROM. .
- 2002. Snow cover in western Poland and macro-scale circulation conditions. International Journal of Climatology 22: 533–541. .
- 1999. Atmospheric controls on Eurasian snow extent. International Journal of Climatology 19: 27–40. , , .
- 2001. The influence of snow cover on Northern Hemisphere climate variability. Atmosphere–Ocean 39: 35–53. .
- 1977. Daily maximum and minimum temperature forecasts and the influence of snow cover. Monthly Weather Review 105: 1594–1597. .
- 1982. An apparent relationship between Eurasian spring snow cover and the advance period of the Indian summer monsoon. Journal of Applied Meteorology 21: 1929–1932. , .
- 1967. Maps of snow cover probability for the Northern Hemisphere. Monthly Weather Review 95: 347–353. , .
- 1993. Snow as an indicator of climatic change. Scripta Facultatis Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Masaryk Brunensis 23: 25–34. .
- 1982. Snow cover and temperature relationships in North America and Eurasia. Journal of Climate and Applied Meteorology 22: 460–469. , , .
- 1999. Northern Hemisphere snow extent: regional variability 1972–1994. International Journal of Climatology 19: 1535–1560. , .
- 1999. North American snow extent: 1900–1994. International Journal of Climatology 19: 1517–1534. , , .
- 1997. Towards a snow cover finger print for climate change detection. Dissertation submitted to the Graduate School, New Brunswick–Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA in partial fulfillment of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Graduate Program in Geography. .
- 1992. Interannual variability of wintertime snow-cover across the Northern Hemisphere. Journal of Climate 5: 1441–1447. , .
- 1976. An apparent relationship between Eurasian snow cover and Indian monsoon rainfall. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 33: 2461–2462. , .
- 2000. Climate sensitivity of snow cover duration in Austria. International Journal of Climatology 20: 615–640. , , .
- 1996. Historical snow cover variability in the Great Plains region of the USA: 1910 through to 1993. International Journal of Climatology 16: 1005–1018. , .
- 1995. Decadal trends in the North Atlantic Oscillation: regional temperatures and precipitation. Science 269: 676–679. .
- 1997. The impact of climate change on the snow cover pattern in Estonia. Climatic Change 36: 65–77. .
- 1978. Snow cover in Great Britain. Weather 3: 298–309. .
- 1984. Mesoscale weather effects of variable snow cover over northeast Colorado. Monthly Weather Review 112: 1141–1152. , , , .
- 1997. Characteristics of snow cover duration across the northeast United States of America. International Journal of Climatology 17: 1535–1547. , .
- 1993. The association between extremes in North American snow cover extent and United States temperatures. Journal of Climate 6: 1345–1355. , .
- 1995. Characteristics of temperature depressions associated with snow cover across the northeast United States. Journal of Applied Meteorology 34: 381–390. , , .
- 1985. Some empirical evidence for the influence of snow cover on temperature and precipitation. Monthly Weather Review 113: 1542–1553. .
- NCDC. 2003. Data documentation for data set 9806A (DSI-9806A) daily temperature and precipitation data for 223 USSR stations. January 2, National Climatic Data Center, Asheville.
- 1985. Pokrywa śnieżna w Polsce [Snow cover in Poland]. Universitatis Mariae Curie-Skłodowska, Lublin–Polonia 40: 77–104. .
- 1993. Global snow cover monitoring: an update. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 74: 1689–1696. , , .
- 2000. Is the North Atlantic oscillation a random walk? International Journal of Climatology 20: 1–18. , , .
- 1995. The effect of Eurasian snow cover on the Indian monsoon. Journal of Climate 8: 248–266. , , .
- 1973. The influence of average snow depth on monthly mean temperature anomaly. Monthly Weather Review 101: 624–626. .
- 1982. Seasonal snow cover and short-term climatic fluctuations over the United States. Monthly Weather Review 110: 1474–1485. , , .
- 1999. Precipitation in Europe in relation to circulation patterns at the 500hPa level. International Journal of Climatology 19: 253–269. .
- 2001. Wpływ Cyrkulacji Atmosferycznej na Rozkład Przestrzenny Anomalii Temperatury i Opadów w Europie. Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego: Łódź. .
- 2000. Decadal variability of Russian winter snow accumulation and its associations with Atlantic sea surface temperature anomalies. International Journal of Climatology 20: 1709–1728. .
- 2001. Lagged teleconnections between snow depth in northern Eurasia, rainfall in southeast Asia and sea-surface temperatures over the tropical Pacific Ocean. International Journal of Climatology 21: 1607–1621. , .
- 1998. The changes in Russian winter snow accumulation during 1936–83 and its spatial patterns. Journal of Climate 11: 856–863. , , .