It never rains on Sunday: the prevalence and implications of untagged multi-day rainfall accumulations in the Australian high quality data set
Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2004
Copyright © 2004 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 24, Issue 9, pages 1171–1192, July 2004
How to Cite
Viney, N. R. and Bates, B. C. (2004), It never rains on Sunday: the prevalence and implications of untagged multi-day rainfall accumulations in the Australian high quality data set. Int. J. Climatol., 24: 1171–1192. doi: 10.1002/joc.1053
- Issue online: 29 JUN 2004
- Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 18 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Received: 13 NOV 2003
- 1999. A spatiotemporal model for downscaling precipitation occurrence and amounts. Journal of Geophysical Research 104D: 31 657–31 669. , , .
- 2000. Geostatistical approaches for incorporating elevation into the spatial interpolation of rainfall. Journal of Hydrology 228: 113–129. .
- 1999. Changes in the probability of heavy precipitation: important indicators of climatic change. Climatic Change 42: 243–283. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Trends in extreme rainfall indices for an updated high quality data set for Australia, 1910–1998. International Journal of Climatology 20: 1533–1541. , .
- 1999. Australian rainfall changes, 1910–1995. Australian Meteorological Magazine 48: 1–13. , , .
- 1999. A non-homogeneous hidden Markov model for precipitation occurrence. Applied Statistics 48: 15–30. , , .
- 2001. Using spatial interpolation to construct a comprehensive archive of Australian climate data. Environmental Modelling and Software 16: 309–330. , , , .
- 1992. A historical rainfall data set for Australia. Australian Meteorological Magazine 40: 33–39. , , .
- 2001. Trends in extreme daily rainfall and temperature in Southeast Asia and the South Pacific: 1961–1998. International Journal of Climatology 21: 269–284. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. East Australian rainfall events: interannual variations, trends, and relationships with the southern oscillation. Journal of Climate 6: 1141–1152. , .
- 1997. Weekly cycle of meteorological variations in Melbourne and the role of pollution and anthropogenic heat release. Atmospheric Environment 31: 1589–1603. , .
- 1996. Trends in the intensity and frequency of heavy rainfall in tropical Australia and links with the southern oscillation. Australian Meteorological Magazine 45: 1–17. , .
- 1998. Trends in total rainfall, heavy rain events and number of dry days in Australia, 1910–1990. International Journal of Climatology 18: 1141–1164. , .
- 2001. Forest climatology: estimation and use of daily climatological data for Bavaria, Germany. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 106: 87–103. , , , .