Downscaling of humidity variables: a search for suitable predictors and predictands
Article first published online: 10 FEB 2005
Copyright © 2005 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 25, Issue 2, pages 243–250, February 2005
How to Cite
Huth, R. (2005), Downscaling of humidity variables: a search for suitable predictors and predictands. Int. J. Climatol., 25: 243–250. doi: 10.1002/joc.1122
- Issue published online: 10 FEB 2005
- Article first published online: 10 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 AUG 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 11 AUG 2004
- Manuscript Received: 3 MAR 2003
- Grant Agency of the Czech Republic. Grant Number: 205/02/0871
- 1997. Sensitivity of crop yield and water use to change in a range of climatic factors and CO2 concentrations: a simulation study applying EPIC to the central USA. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 83: 171–203. , .
- 1999. Thermodynamics of Atmospheres and Oceans. Academic Press: San Diego. , .
- 1992. Preparing the Erosion Productivity Impact Calculator (EPIC) model to simulate crop response to climate change and the direct effects of CO2. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 59: 17–34. , , , , , .
- 1997. Downscaling climate model outputs into local and regional weather elements by classification and regression. Climate Research 8: 195–207. , .
- 1999. Climatology and trends of U.S. surface humidity and temperature. Journal of Climate 12: 811–828. , .
- 2001. Regional climate information—evaluation and projections. In Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis, HoughtonJT, DingY, GriggsDJ, NoguerM, van der LindenPJ, DaiX, MaskellK, JohnsonCA (eds). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge; 583–638. , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Statistical downscaling in central Europe: evaluation of methods and potential predictors. Climate Research 13: 91–101. .
- 2002. Statistical downscaling of daily temperature in central Europe. Journal of Climate 15: 1731–1742. .
- 2000. Constructing site-specific climate change scenarios on a monthly scale using statistical downscaling. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 66: 13–27. , .
- 1995. Estimation of missing daily temperatures: can a weather categorization improve its accuracy? Journal of Climate 8: 1901–1916. , .
- 1995. Diurnal temperature range and cloud cover in the Nordic countries: observed trends and estimates for the future. Atmospheric Research 37: 211–228. , .
- 1996. The NCEP/NCAR 40-year reanalysis project. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 77: 437–471. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1990. A method of relating general circulation model simulated climate to the observed local climate. Part I: seasonal statistics. Journal of Climate 3: 1053–1079. , , , , .
- 1987. Cross-validation in statistical climate forecast models. Journal of Climate and Applied Meteorology 26: 1589–1600. .
- 2001. Radiosonde-based Northern Hemisphere tropospheric water vapor trends. Journal of Climate 14: 1602–1612. , .
- 1998. Linear versus nonlinear techniques in downscaling. Climate Research 10: 83–93. , .
- 1997. The simulation of daily temperature time series from GCM output. Part II: sensitivity analysis of an empirical transfer function methodology. Journal of Climate 10: 2514–2532. , , , .