The development of a new set of long-term climate averages for the UK
Article first published online: 17 JUN 2005
© Crown Copyright 2005. Reproduced with the permission of Her Majesty's Stationery Office. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 25, Issue 8, pages 1023–1039, 30 June 2005
How to Cite
Perry, M. and Hollis, D. (2005), The development of a new set of long-term climate averages for the UK. Int. J. Climatol., 25: 1023–1039. doi: 10.1002/joc.1160
- Issue published online: 17 JUN 2005
- Article first published online: 17 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 1 APR 2004
- 2000. GIS-based construction of baseline climatologies for the Mediterranean using terrain variables. Climate Research 14: 115–127. , .
- 2002. Spatial modelling of winter temperature and precipitation in Arizona and New Mexico, USA. Climate Research 22: 115–128. , .
- 1986. Principles of Geographical Information Systems for Land Resources Assessment. Oxford University Press. .
- 2002. A knowledge-based approach to the statistical mapping of climate. Climate Research 22: 99–113. , , , , .
- 1998. Mapping monthly precipitation, temperature, and solar radiation for Ireland with polynomial regression and a digital elevation model. Climate Research 10: 35–49. , , .
- 1998. Spatial interpolation of climatic normals: test of a new method in the Canadian boreal forest. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 92: 211–225. , .
- 1999. Representing twentieth century space–time variability. Part I: development of a 1961–90 mean monthly terrestrial climatology. Journal of Climate 12: 829–856. , , .
- 2005. The generation of monthly gridded datasets for a range of climatic variables over the UK. International Journal of Climatology 25: 1041–1054; this issue. , .
- 2000. A comparison of two statistical methods for spatial interpolation of Canadian monthly mean climate data. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 101: 81–94. , , , , .
- 1983. The estimation of missing climatological data. Journal of Climatology 3: 297–314. .
- 1996. Comparative studies of various missing data treatment methods—Malaysian experience. Atmospheric Research 42: 247–262. , , .
- 2003. Comparative analysis of interpolation methods in the middle Ebro Valley (Spain): application to annual precipitation and temperature. Climate Research 24: 161–180. , , .
- 1999. Forest climatology: estimation of missing values for Bavaria, Germany. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 96: 131–144. , , , .