Urban–rural temperature differences in coastal cities: influence of rural sites
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2005
Copyright © 2005 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 25, Issue 6, pages 811–820, May 2005
How to Cite
Sakakibara, Y. and Owa, K. (2005), Urban–rural temperature differences in coastal cities: influence of rural sites. Int. J. Climatol., 25: 811–820. doi: 10.1002/joc.1180
- Issue published online: 16 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 21 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 3 SEP 2004
- 1979. The Atmosphere Environment of the City. Tokyo University Publishing: Tokyo (in Japanese). .
- 1977. The actual distribution of the urban climate. Meteorological Research (Kishou Kenkyu) Note. 133: 26–47 (in Japanese). .
- 1960. Temperature increase due to the expansion of urban area in Tokyo. Tenki 7: 269–274 (in Japanese). .
- Ministry of the Environment. 2003. 1st discussion of the heat island countermeasure. In Report of an environmental impact due to the heat island phenomenon 2002; pp. 1–76 (in Japanese).
- 2001. Quantification of the influences of wind and cloud on the nocturnal urban heat island of a large city. Journal of Applied Meteorology 40: 169–182. , .
- 1973. City size and the nocturnal urban heat island. Atmospheric Environment 7: 769–779. .
- 2000. Dynamics and controls of the near surface heat island of Vancouver, British Colombia. Physical Geography 21: 283–304. , .
- 1996. A change of air temperature with reurbanization in Tsukuda. Tenki 43: 25–31 (in Japanese). .
- 1996. The feature of the heat island magnitude with two stations method in southeast part of Koshigaya city. Tenki 43: 537–543 (in Japanese). , , .
- 1981. The environment of the city and heat island. Chiiki 8: 18–23 (in Japanese). .
- 1994. An analysis of urban heat island in Tokyo and its environs: the comparison of cloudless nights with cloudy nights in autumn. Geographical Review of Japan 67: 551–560 (in Japanese). , .