Estimating temperature normals for USCRN stations
Article first published online: 7 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 25, Issue 14, pages 1809–1817, 30 November 2005
How to Cite
Sun, B. and Peterson, T. C. (2005), Estimating temperature normals for USCRN stations. Int. J. Climatol., 25: 1809–1817. doi: 10.1002/joc.1220
- Issue published online: 31 OCT 2005
- Article first published online: 7 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 3 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Received: 14 FEB 2005
- US Climate Reference Network Program
- 2003. Automated validation for summary of the day temperature data (TempVal). 83rd AMS Annual Meeting, combined preprints CD-ROM, 9–13 February 2003, Long Beach CA, 19th Conference IIPS [International Conference on Interactive Information and Processing Systems for Meteorology, Oceanography, and Hydrology], American Meteorological Society: Boston, Mass, File 15.3, 4 pp. (February 2003). , , , .
- 1995. A new method for detecting and adjusting for undocumented discontinuities in climatological time series. International Journal of Climatology 15: 369–377. , .
- 2004. Performance of quality assurance procedures for an applied climate information system. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology in press. , , , , .
- 1986. A model to estimate the time of observation bias associated with monthly mean maximum, minimum and mean temperatures for the United States. Journal of Climate and Applied Meteorology 25: 145–160. , , , .
- 2005. Detection of undocumented change points: On the use of multiple test statistics and composite reference series. Journal of Climate in press. , .
- National Climatic Data Center. 2002. Monthly normals of temp, precip, HDD, & CDD, 1971–2000 [i.e., Monthly station normals of temperature, precipitation, and heating and cooling degree days (old title)] (Climatography of the US # [i.e., no.] 81 [online], (http://nndc.noaa.gov/?http://ols.nndc.noaa.gov/plolstore/plsql/olstore.prodspecific?prodnum=C00115-PUB-S0001). Documentation, Monthly station normals of temperature, precipitation, and degree days, and precipitation probabilities and quintiles, 1971–2000, TD9641C, (http://www4.ncdc.noaa.gov/ol/documentlibrary/datasets.html), 21.
- National Climatic Data Center. 2003. Cooperative summary of the day [online], (http://ols.nndc.noaa.gov/plolstore/plsql/olstore.prodspecific?prodnum=C00122-MAN-S0001), Documentation, Cooperative summary of the day(DSI[i.e., old TD series]-3200), 18 pp, (http://www4.ncdc.noaa.gov/ol/documentlibrary/datasets.html), 18.
- National Weather Service. 1989. NWS Observing Handbook No. 2, Cooperative Station Observations 1st Edition, Government Printing Office; 83.
- 1994. Creation of homogeneous composite climatological reference series. International Journal of Climatology 14: 671–679. , .
- 1991. Effects of recent thermometer changes in the cooperative station network. Bulletin of American Meteorological Society 72: 1718–1723. , , , .
- 2004. A method to determine station density requirements for climate observing networks. Journal of Climate 17: 2961–2970. , .
- World Meteorological Organization. 1989. Calculation of Monthly and Annual 30-year Standard Normals, WCDP-No. 10, WMO-TD/No. 341, World Meteorological Organization: Geneva.