Resolution errors associated with gridded precipitation fields
Article first published online: 7 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 25, Issue 15, pages 1957–1963, December 2005
How to Cite
Willmott, C. J. and Johnson, M. L. (2005), Resolution errors associated with gridded precipitation fields. Int. J. Climatol., 25: 1957–1963. doi: 10.1002/joc.1235
- Issue published online: 30 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 7 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 22 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Received: 4 FEB 2004
- Delaware Space Grant College Consortium and Fellowship Program NASA's Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) and Large-Scale Biosphere–Atmosphere (LBA) program. Grant Number: NAG5-4829 and NAG5-8443
- 1997. Choice of data scale: predicting resolution error in a regional evapotranspiration model. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 84: 97–113. , .
- 2002. Global land precipitation: a 50-yr monthly analysis based on gauge observations. Journal of Hydrometeorology 3: 249–266. , , , .
- 1998. A comparison of precipitation datasets for the Amazon basin. Geophysical Research Letters 25: 155–158. , .
- 1996. An investigation of the sensitivity of simulated precipitation to model resolution and its implications for climate studies. Monthly Weather Review 124: 148–166. , .
- HoughtonJT, DingY, GriggsDJ, NoguerM, van der LindenPJ, DaiX, MaskellK, JohnsonCA (eds). 2001. Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge.
- 2001. Global precipitation at one-degree daily resolution from multisatellite observations. Journal of Hydrometeorology 2: 36–50. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Estimating precipitation over the Amazon basin from satellite and in-situ measurements, Masters thesis, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 68.
- 1998. South American precipitation: 1960–1990 gridded monthly time series (version 1.02). Available online at http://climate.geog.udel.edu/∼climate. , .
- 1985. Small-scale climate maps: a sensitivity analysis of some common assumptions associated with grid-point interpolation and contouring. American Cartographer 12: 5–16. , , .
- 1994. Estimating continental and terrestrial precipitation averages from raingauge networks. International Journal of Climatology 14: 403–414. , , .
- 1998. South American precipitation: gridded monthly and annual climatologies (version 1.02). Available online at http://climate.geog.udel.edu/∼climate. , .