Development of scale-free climate data for Western Canada for use in resource management
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2006
Copyright © 2006 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 26, Issue 3, pages 383–397, 15 March 2006
How to Cite
Wang, T., Hamann, A., Spittlehouse, D. L. and Aitken, S. N. (2006), Development of scale-free climate data for Western Canada for use in resource management. Int. J. Climatol., 26: 383–397. doi: 10.1002/joc.1247
- Issue published online: 21 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 6 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 21 APR 2005
- BC Forest Science Program
- Forest Genetics Council of BC
- Canadian Impacts and Scenarios Project. 2005. http://www.cics.uvic.ca/scenarios/index.cgi.
- 2002a. A knowledge-based approach to the statistical mapping of climate. Climate Research 22: 99–113. , , , , .
- 2002b. A knowledge-based approach to the statistical mapping of climate. Climate Research 22: 99–113. , , , , .
- 2003. A regional impact assessment of climate and land-use change on alpine vegetation. Journal of Biogeography 30: 401–417. , , .
- 1999. The influence of climate change on the distribution of indigenous forest in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Journal of Biogeography 26: 595–617. , , .
- 2000. The Canadian centre for climate modelling and analysis global coupled model and its climate. Climate Dynamics 16: 451–467. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Models of climatic normals for genecology and climate change studies in British Columbia. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 128: 211–211. , .
- 1989. A New Objective Method for Spatial Interpolation of Meteorological Variables from Irregular Networks Applied to the Estimation of Monthly Mean Solar Radiation, Temperature, Precipitation and Windrun. Division of Water Resources Technical Memorandum, CSIRO: Australia, 89. .
- 1998. Predicting abundance of 80 tree species following climate change in the eastern United States. Ecological Monographs 68: 465–485. , .
- 1997. The Second Hadley Centre coupled ocean-atmosphere GCM: Model description, spinup and validation. Climate Dynamics 13: 103–134. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Anthropogenic climate change for 1860 to 2100 simulated with the HadCM3 model under updated emissions scenarios. Climate Dynamics 20: 583–612. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Spatial models of site index based on climate and soil properties for two boreal tree species in Ontario, Canada. Forest Ecology and Management 175: 497–507. , .
- 1999. Rehabilitation and analysis of Canadian daily precipitation time series. Atmosphere-Ocean 37: 53–85. , .
- 1995. Genetic-Variation, Climate models and the ecological genetics of larix occidentalis. Forest Ecology and Management 78: 21–37. .
- 2001. Physiologic plasticity, evolution, and impacts of a changing climate on Pinus contorta. Climatic Change 50: 355–376. , , .
- 1999. Genetic responses to climate in Pinus contorta: Niche breadth, climate change, and reforestation. Ecological Monographs 69: 375–407. , , , .
- 2004. Genetic responses to climate and climate-change in conifers of the temperate and boreal forests. Recent Research and Development in Genetics and Breeding 1: 113–130. , , .
- 2002. Intraspecific responses to climate in Pinus sylvestris. Global Change Biology 8: 912–929. , , , , , .
- 1980. Climatic parameters and indices in plant geography. Acta Phytogeographica Suecica 67: 1–105. .
- 2002. Homogenization of daily temperatures over Canada. Journal of Climate 15: 1322–1334. , , , .
- 1983. A fast method to calculate monthly degree days. Bulletin of American Meteorological Society 64: 279–281. .
- WMO. 1989. Calculation of Monthly and Annual 30-Year Standard Normals, WCDP-No. 10, WMOTD/No. 341. World Meteorological Organization: Geneva.
- 2005. Is an unprecedented Dothistroma needle blight epidemic related to climate change?. Bioscience. 55: 761–769. , , .
- 1987. Climate and Plant Distribution. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, 174. .
- 1987. Climate and plant distribution at global and local scales. Vegetation 69: 189–197. , .