Earlier spring in Seoul, Korea
Article first published online: 23 MAY 2006
Copyright © 2006 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 26, Issue 14, pages 2117–2127, 30 November 2006
How to Cite
Ho, C.-H., Lee, E.-J., Lee, I. and Jeong, S.-J. (2006), Earlier spring in Seoul, Korea. Int. J. Climatol., 26: 2117–2127. doi: 10.1002/joc.1356
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2006
- Article first published online: 23 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 MAR 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 17 MAR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 11 MAY 2005
- 2001. Earlier plant flowering in spring as a response to global warming in the Washington, DC, area. Biodiversity and Conservation 10: 597–612. , , , .
- 1999. Grassland vegetation changes and nocturnal global warming. Science 283: 229–231. , .
- 2003. A thermosensory pathway controlling flowering time in Arabidopsis. Nature Genetics 33: 168–171. , , .
- 1989. Chilling, thermal time and the date of flowering of trees. In Manipulation of Fruiting, WrightCJ (ed). Butterworth and Co: London. .
- 1996. Long-term trends and interannual variability in tropical cyclone activity over the western North Pacific. Geophysical Research Letters 23: 2765–2767. , .
- 2002. Relationships among phenological growing season, time-integrated normalized difference vegetation index and climate forcing in the temperature region of eastern China. International Journal of Climatology 22: 1781–1792. , .
- 2004. Temperature trends and extreme climate since 1909 at big four cities of Korea. Korean Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 40: 1–16. , , , .
- 1992. Predicting the timing of budburst in temperate trees. Journal of Applied Ecology 29: 597–604. , .
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). 1995. Climate Change 1995: The Science of Climate Change, Contribution of Working Group I to the Second Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, HoughtonJT, Meiro FilhoLG, CallanderBA, HarrisN. (eds). Cambridge University Press: New York.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). 2001. Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis, Contribution of Working Group I to the Third Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, HoughtonJT, DingY, GriggsDJ, NoguerM. (eds). Cambridge University Press: New York.
- 2004. A genetic link between cold responses and flowering time through FVE in Arabidopsis thaliana. Nature Genetics 36: 167–171. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. The estimation of urban warming amounts due to urbanization in Korea for the recent 40 years. Korean Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 35: 118–126. , , .
- 2003. Physiological Plant Ecology, 4th edn. Springer-Verlag Telos: Germany. .
- 1999. Growing season extended in Europe. Nature 397: 659. , .
- 2000. Trends in phenological phases in Europe between 1951 and 1996. International Journal of Biometeorology 44: 76–81. .
- 2000. Comparison of phenological characteristics for several woody plants in urban climates. Journal of Plant Biology 43: 10–17. .
- 1997. Increased plant growth in the northern high latitudes from 1981 to 1991. Nature 386: 698–702. , , , , .
- 1985. Phenological patterns of terrestrial plants. Annual Review of Ecological System 16: 179–214. , .
- 1992. Plant Physiology, 4th edn. Wadsworth Publishing Company: Belmont, CA. , .
- 1998. Green-wave phenology. Nature 394: 839–840. .
- 1999. Advancing to full bloom: Planning phenological research for the 21st century. International Journal of Biometeorology 42: 113–118. .
- 2000. Changes in North American spring. International Journal of Climatology 20: 929–932. , .
- 2006. Onset of spring starting earlier across the northern hemisphere. Global Change Biology 12: 343–351. , , .
- 1999. Determining degree-day thresholds from field observations. International Journal of Biometeorology 42: 177–182. , , , .
- 1997. Changes in phenology of the locust (Robinia pseudoacacia L.) in Hungary. International Journal of Biometeorology 41: 155–160. .