How well do the central England temperature and the England and Wales precipitation series represent the climate of the UK?
Article first published online: 6 JUL 2006
Copyright © 2006 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 26, Issue 15, pages 2287–2292, December 2006
How to Cite
Croxton, P. J., Huber, K., Collinson, N. and Sparks, T. H. (2006), How well do the central England temperature and the England and Wales precipitation series represent the climate of the UK?. Int. J. Climatol., 26: 2287–2292. doi: 10.1002/joc.1378
- Issue published online: 27 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 6 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Received: 24 AUG 2005
- 2004. Updated precipitation series for the U.K. and discussion of recent extremes. Atmospheric Science Letters 1: 142–150. , .
- 2005. Air temperatures at Armagh observatory, Northern Ireland, from 1796 to 2002. International Journal of Climatology 25: 1055–1079. , , , .
- 2004. Nature's changing seasons. 2003 results from the UK Phenology Network. British Wildlife 15: 245–250. , .
- 1991. A comparison of the temperature records of Edinburgh and central England. Weather 46: 169–173. .
- 1997. Explaining the climate of the British Isles. In Climates of the British Isles Present, Past and Future, HulmeM, BarrowE (eds). Routledge: London, 11–32. , , .
- 1997. Precipitation in the British Isles: an analysis of area-average data updated to 1995. International Journal of Climatology 17: 427–438. , .
- 1997. The changing temperature of ‘central England’. In Climates of the British Isles Present, Past and Future, HulmeM, BarrowE (eds). Routledge: London, 173–196. , .
- 2004. The development of monthly temperature series for Scotland and Northern Ireland. International Journal of Climatology 24: 569–590. , .
- 1992. A new daily central England temperature series, 1772–1991. International Journal of Climatology 12: 317–342. , , .
- 1984. England and Wales precipitation: a discussion of recent changes in variability and an update to 1985. Journal of Climatology 4: 1–25. , , .