Computer assisted Koeppen climate classification: a case study for Brazil
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2006
Copyright © 2006 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 27, Issue 2, pages 257–266, February 2007
How to Cite
Sparovek, G., De Jong Van Lier, Q. and Dourado Neto, D. (2007), Computer assisted Koeppen climate classification: a case study for Brazil. Int. J. Climatol., 27: 257–266. doi: 10.1002/joc.1384
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUN 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 9 JUN 2006
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAR 2006
- 2005. Soil endemism and its relation to soil formation theory. Geoderma 129: 109–124. .
- FAO—SDRN. 1997. Koeppen's climate classification map 1997 http://www.fao.org/sd/EIdirect/climate/EIsp0002.htm (access February, 1st 2006).
- 1992. On compensation for chance agreement in image classification accuracy assessment. Photogrammetric engineering and remote sensing 58: 1459–1460. .
- 2001. Climate shifts during the last century. Climatic Change 50: 405–417. , , .
- 1990. A modified koeppen classification applied to model simulations of glacial and interglacial climates. Climatic Change 16: 193–215. , .
- 2001. FFT analysis on NDVI annual cycle and climatic regionality in northeast Brazil. International Journal of Climatology 21: 1803–1820. , .
- 2003. Koeppen climate types in observed and simulated climates. Studia Geophysica et Geodaetica 47: 185–2002. , , , .
- 1931. Grundriss der Klimakunde. Walter de Gruyter & Co: Berlin. .
- 1995. Characteristic surface energy balances for different climate types. International Journal of Climatology 15: 275–284. , .
- 2003. Devising a new digital vegetation model for eco-climatic analysis in Africa using GIS and NOAA AVHRR data. International Journal of Remote Sensing 24: 3611–3633. , , .
- 1981. Weltklimate. Naturwissenschaftliche Rundschau 34: 443–450. .
- 1999. The classification of climates from Pythagoras to Koeppen. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 80: 669–673. .
- 2000. Objective classification of Australian climates. Australian Meteorological Magazine 49: 87–96. , , .
- 2000. Variation of the Koeppen C/D climate boundary in the central United States during the 20th century. Physical Geography 21: 38–45. , .
- 1948. An approach toward a rational classification of climate. Geographic Review 38: 55–94. .
- 1980. An introduction to climate. (5th Edn). McGraw-Hill Book Co.: New York, London. .
- 1994. Assessing the ability of the Koeppen system to delineate the general world pattern of climates. Geophysical Research Letters 21: 2809–2812. , .