Half-century seasonal relationships between the Southern Annular mode and Antarctic temperatures
Version of Record online: 25 SEP 2006
Copyright © 2006 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 373–383, 15 March 2007
How to Cite
Marshall, G. J. (2007), Half-century seasonal relationships between the Southern Annular mode and Antarctic temperatures. Int. J. Climatol., 27: 373–383. doi: 10.1002/joc.1407
- Issue online: 19 FEB 2007
- Version of Record online: 25 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 19 JUN 2006
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAR 2006
- 2004. Strong trends in the skill of the ERA-40 and NCEP-NCAR reanalyses in the high and midlatitudes of the Southern Hemisphere, 1958–2001. Journal of Climate 17: 4603–4619. , .
- 1999. The Arctic and Antarctic oscillations and their projected changes under global warming. Geophysical Research Letters 26: 1601–1604. , , .
- 2005. Characterizing midlatitude jet variability: Lessons from a simple GCM. Journal of Climate 18: 3400–3404. , .
- 2003. Simulation of recent Southern Hemisphere climate change. Science 302: 273–275. , .
- 1999. Definition of Antarctic oscillation index. Geophysical Research Letters 26: 459–462. , .
- 2004. Mid latitude winter climate variability in the South Indian and southwest Pacific regions since 1300 AD. Climate Dynamics 22: 783–794. , , , .
- 2003. Antarctic Peninsula climate variability and its causes as revealed by instrumental records. In Antarctic Peninsula Climate Variability: Historical and Paleoenvironmental Perspectives, Antarctic Research Series, Vol. 79, DomackE, LeventerA, BurnettA, BindschadlerR, ConveyP, KirbyM (eds). Amer. Geophys. Union; Washington, DC 17–30. , , , , .
- 2001. Southern Hemisphere atmospheric circulation response to global warming. Journal of Climate 14: 2238–2249. , , .
- 2002. Spatial patterns of variability in Antarctic surface temperature: connections to the Southern Hemisphere Annular Mode and the Southern Oscillation. Geophysical Research Letters 29: 1705, DOI:10.1029/2002GL015415. , .
- 2004. Interpretation of recent Antarctic sea ice variability. Geophysical Research Letters 31: L02205, DOI:10.1029/2003GL018732. , , .
- 2003. Trends in the Southern Annular Mode from observations and reanalyses. Journal of Climate 16: 4134–4143. .
- 2006. The impact of a changing Southern Hemisphere Annular Mode on Antarctic Peninsula summer temperatures. Journal of Climate in press. , , , .
- 2004. Causes of exceptional atmospheric circulation changes in the Southern Hemisphere. Geophysical Research Letters 31: L14205, DOI:10.1029/2004GL019952. , , , , , .
- 2004. Recent climate variability in Antarctica from satellite-derived temperature data. Journal of Climate 17: 1569–1583. , , .
- 2004. Southern Hemisphere climate response to ozone changes and greenhouse gas increases. Geophysical Research Letters 31: L18209, DOI:10.1029/2004GL020724. , .
- 2002. Interpretation of recent Southern Hemisphere climate change. Science 296: 895–899. , .
- 2000. Annular modes in the extratropical circulation. Part II: trends. Journal of Climate 13: 1018–1036. , , .
- 2005. Stratosphere-troposphere coupling in the Southern Hemisphere. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 62: 708–715. , , .
- 2004. The SCAR READER project: towards a high-quality data base of mean Antarctic meteorological observations. Journal of Climate 17: 2890–2898. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Response of wintertime Antarctic temperatures to the Antarctic Oscillation: results of a regional climate model. In Antarctic Peninsula Climate Variability: Historical and Paleoenvironmental Perspectives, Antarctic Research Series, Vol. 79, DomackE, LeventerA, BurnettA, BindschadlerR, ConveyP, KirbyM (eds). Amer. Geophys. Union; Washington, DC 43–58. , .
- 2004. Changes in Antarctic temperature and precipitation in response to the Antarctic Oscillation. Annals of Glaciology 39: 119–126. , .