Cloudiness variations in Łódź in the second half of the 20th century
Version of Record online: 12 JUN 2007
Copyright © 2007 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 28, Issue 4, pages 479–491, 30 March 2008
How to Cite
Wibig, J. (2008), Cloudiness variations in Łódź in the second half of the 20th century. Int. J. Climatol., 28: 479–491. doi: 10.1002/joc.1544
- Issue online: 7 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 12 JUN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 3 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 2 JAN 2006
- Polish Committee of Scientific Research. Grant Number: 3 PO4E 02522
- 1996. Evaluation of long-term changes in radiation, cloudiness, and surface temperature on the territory of the former Soviet Union. Journal of Climate 9: 1319–1327. , , , .
- 2006. How well do we understand and evaluate climate change feedback processes? Journal of Climate 19: 3445–3482. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Yearly temperature, precipitation, hours of bright sunshine and cloud cover for Denmark as a whole 1873–2003. DMI Technical Report 04–06. .
- 1999. Effects of clouds, soil moisture, precipitation, and water vapor on diurnal temperature range. Journal of Climate 12: 2451–2473. , , .
- 2004. Changes in spring-summer cirrus cloud amount over Estonia, 1958–2003. International Journal of Climatology 24: 1543–1549. .
- 1999. Extended Edited Cloud Reports from Ships and Land Stations Over the Globe, 1952-1996. Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC), Department of Energy: Oak Ridge, Tennessee; 79, Numerical Data Package NDP-026C. , .
- 1986. Increasing clouds in a warming world, Climate Change 9: 267–309. .
- HoughtonJT, DingY, GriggsDJ, NoguerM, van der LindenPJ, DaiX (eds). 2001. Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Third Assessment Report of the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge UK and New York, NY, USA. 881pp.
- 1997. Extension to the North Atlantic oscillation using early instrumental pressure observations from Gibraltar and South-West Iceland. International Journal of Climatology 17: 1433–1450. , , .
- 2001. Changes in the amount of low clouds in Estonia (1955–1995). International Journal of Climatology 21: 389–397. , .
- 1993. The seasonal cycle of low stratiform clouds. Journal of Climate 6: 1587–1606. , .
- 2000. A cloud climatology of the Southern Great Plains ARM CART. Journal of Climate 19: 1762–1775. , , .
- 2003. Cloudiness changes in Cracow in the 20th century. International Journal of Climatology 23: 975–984. .
- 2000. What can clouds observations tell us about climate variability? Space Science Reviews 94: 375–380. .
- 2005. Multidecadal changes in near-global cloud cover and estimated cloud cover radiative forcing. Journal of Geophysical Research 110: 1–17. .
- 2007. Observed interdecadal changes in cloudiness: real or spurious? In Climate Variability and Extremes During the Past 100 Years, BrönnimannS (ed.), et al. Springer: (in press). .
- 2006. Can Earth's albedo and surface temperatures increase together? EOS 87(4): 37–43. , , , .
- 1998. Cloudiness. In The Variability of Changes of Climatic Elements in Lithuanian Territory. Vilnius, (in Lithuanian): 110–132. .
- 2000. Cloudiness variations over the former Soviet Union. International Journal of Climatology 20: 1097–1111. , .
- 2001. Recent changes in cloud-type frequency and inferred increases of convection over the United States and the former USSR. Journal of Climate 14: 1864–1880. , , .
- 2000. Temporal changes in the observed relationship between cloud cover and surface air temperature. Journal of Climate 13: 4341–4357. , , , .
- 2007. A survey of changes in cloud cover and cloud types over Land from Surface Observations, 1971–1996. Journal of Climate 20: 717–738. , , .
- 2004. Long-term Variability of Cloudiness and its Relation to Precipitation on the Example of œódź. Monographic Volume E-4 (377), Potential Climate Changes and Sustainable Water Management, Ed. Institute of Geophysics PAS, Warsaw: 25–32. .
- 2002. Trends in minimum and maximum temperature in Poland. Climate Research 20: 123–133. , .
- WMO. 1974. Manual on Codes. WMO Publ. 306, Vol. 1, WMO: Geneva.
- 2003. Cloudiness in Poland in the second half of 20th century. Przegl1d Geofizyczny 48: 159–185. .