Comparison of methods for spatially estimating station temperatures in a quality control system
Article first published online: 1 AUG 2007
Copyright © 2007 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 28, Issue 6, pages 777–787, May 2008
How to Cite
You, J., Hubbard, K. G. and Goddard, S. (2008), Comparison of methods for spatially estimating station temperatures in a quality control system. Int. J. Climatol., 28: 777–787. doi: 10.1002/joc.1571
- Issue published online: 17 APR 2008
- Article first published online: 1 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 APR 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 27 APR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 8 SEP 2006
- 1997. Daily air temperature interpolated at high spatial resolution over a large mountainous region. Climatic Research 8: 1–20. , .
- 1995. The quality control of long-term climatological data using objective data analysis. Journal of Applied Meteorology 34: 2787–2795. , , , .
- 2000. Creating a serially complete, national daily time series of temperature and precipitation for the Western United States. Journal of Applied Meteorology 39: 1580–1591. , , , , .
- 1988. Complex quality control of meteorological observations. Monthly Weather Review 116: 1137–1156. .
- 1990. A review of cooperative temperature data validation. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 7: 334–339. , .
- 1988. Measuring the performance of data validators. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 69(12): 1448–1452. , , , .
- 2001a. Multiple station quality control procedures. Automated Weather Stations for Applications in Agriculture and Water Resources Management, AGM-3 WMO./TD No. 1074. High PLains Regional Climate Center, Lincoln: 248. .
- 2001b. The Nebraska and high plains regional experience with automated weather stations. Automated weather station for Application in Agriculture and Water Resources Management. High Plains Regional Climate Center: Lincoln, AGM-3 WMO/TD No. 1074; 248. .
- 2005. Sensitivity analysis of quality assurance using spatial regression approach–A case Study of the maximum/minimum air temperature. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 22(10): 1520–1530. , .
- 2004. Announcing a modern ACIS. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 85(6): 811–812. , , .
- 2005. Performance of quality assurance Procedures for an ACIS. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 22: 105–112. , , , , .
- 1991. The IIASA database for mean monthly values of temperature, precipitation, and cloudiness on a global terrestrial grid. Research Report RR-91-18. November 1991. International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis: Laxenburg; 61. , (eds).
- 1994. Data quality checking for single station meteorological databases. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 69: 85–109. , .
- 1970. River flow forecasting through conceptual models. Journal of Hydrology 10: 282–290. , .
- 2000. Quality assurance procedures in the Oklahoma mesonetwork. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 17: 474–494. , , , , .
- 1987. A quality control program for surface mesometeorological data. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 4: 435–453. .
- 1981. On the validation of models. Physical Geography 2: 184–194. .