Evaporative climate change in the British Isles
Article first published online: 11 OCT 2007
Copyright © 2007 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 28, Issue 9, pages 1127–1137, July 2008
How to Cite
Stanhill, G. and Möller, M. (2008), Evaporative climate change in the British Isles. Int. J. Climatol., 28: 1127–1137. doi: 10.1002/joc.1619
- Issue published online: 16 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 11 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 12 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Received: 2 APR 2006
- 2002. Constraints on future changes in climate and the hydrologic cycle. Nature 418: 224–232. , .
- 2004. Long-term trend in pan evaporation measurement in Japan and its relevance to the variability of the hydrologic cycle. Symposium on Water Resources and its Variability in Asia. Meteorology Research Institute: Tsukuba; 37–40. , .
- 1961. Signification et portee agronomique de l' evapotranspiration potentielle. Annales Agronomiques 12: 51–63. .
- 1982. Evaporation into the Atmosphere. D.Reidel: Dordrecht; 251–254. .
- 2002. Evaporative climate change at Bet Dagan, Israel: 1964–1998. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 111: 83–91. , , .
- 2006. Analysis of mean climate conditions in Senegal (1971–98). Earth Interactions 10(5): 1–40. , , .
- 2005. Workshop summary on pan evaporation: an example of the detection and attribution of trends in climatic variables. Proceedings of a Workshop Held in the Shine Dome, Canberra, November 22–23, 2004. Australian Academy of Science; 4–20. , , , .
- 1965. Evaporation. British Rainfall 1961; 5–34. .
- 2006. Evidence for intensification of the global water cycle: review and synthesis. Journal of Hydrology 319: 83–95. .
- 2005. Spatio-temporal trends in pan evaporation over Australia 1970–2003. In Proceedings of a Workshop Held in the Shine Dome, Canberra, GiffordRM (ed.). Australian Academy of Science; 23–24, November 22–23, 2004. , , .
- IPCC—Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. 2007. IPCC WG1 AR4 Report, Online: http://ipcc-wg1.ucar.edu/wg1/wg1-report.html. Last updated: 6 June 2007, last accessed: 10 July 2007.
- 1965. Evaporation from a reservoir near London. Journal of the Institution of Water Engineers 19: 163–181. .
- 2004. A spatial analysis of pan evaporation trends in China, 1955–2000. Journal of Geophysical Research 109: D15102, Doi:10.1029/2004JD004511. , , , .
- 2007. Hydrologic impacts of changes in evaporation and precipitation: two case studies in semi-arid and humid climates. Hydrological Sciences Journal (in press). , .
- 1948. Natural evaporation from open water, bare soil and grass. Proceedings of the Royal Society, London A 193: 120–146. .
- 1995. Evaporation losing its strength. Nature 377: 687–688. , , .
- 2002. The cause of decreased pan evaporation over the past 50 years. Science 298: 1410–1411. , .
- 2004. Changes in Australian pan evaporation from 1970–2002. International Journal of Climatology 24: 1077–1090. , .
- 2005. Changes in New Zealand pan evaporation since the 1970s. International Journal of Climatology 25: 2031–2039. , .
- 1998. Long term trends in, and spatial variation of, solar irradiances n Ireland. International Journal of Climatology 18: 1015–1030. .
- 2005. Global dimming: a new aspect of climate change. Weather 60: 11–14. .
- 1887. On the evaporation from an open water surface. Symons's British Rainfall 1886. Edward Stanford: London; 14–23. .
- 1890. On the amount of evaporation. Symons's British Rainfall 1889. Edward Stanford: London; 17–29. .
- 2005. Time space trends in pan evaporation over kingdom of Thailand. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 10: 205–215. , , .
- 2005. From dimming to brightening: decadal changes in solar radiation at the Earth's surface. Science 308: 847–850. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Detection for plausible changes in annual precipitation, evapotranspiration, and streamflow in three Mississippi River sub-basins. Climatic Change 72: 17–36. , , , , , .