Interannual variability of atmospheric water balance over South Peninsular India and Sri Lanka during northeast monsoon season
Article first published online: 14 MAR 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 28, Issue 15, pages 1997–2009, December 2008
How to Cite
Prasanna, V. and Yasunari, T. (2008), Interannual variability of atmospheric water balance over South Peninsular India and Sri Lanka during northeast monsoon season. Int. J. Climatol., 28: 1997–2009. doi: 10.1002/joc.1683
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 14 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 27 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUN 2007
- 2003. The Version 2 Global Precipitation Climatology Project (GPCP) Monthly Precipitation Analysis (1979–Present). Journal of Hydrometeorology 4: 1147–1167. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. ENSO and Asian summer monsoon: persistence and transitivity in the seasonal march. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 79: 145–159. , .
- 2005. A new monthly precipitation climatology for the global land areas for the period 1951 to 2000. Climate Status Report 2004: 181–190. , , .
- 2001. Possible roles of Atlantic circulations on the weakening Indian monsoon rainfall-ENSO relationship. Journal of Climate 14: 2376–2380. , , .
- 1983. Forecasting northeast monsoon rainfall over Tamil Nadu, India. Monthly Weather Review 111: 109–112. , .
- 1993. Atmospheric hydrospheric mechanisms of climate anomalies in the western equatorial Indian Ocean. Journal of Geophysical Research 98: 20,219–20,235. , , .
- 1996. The NCEP/NCAR 40-Year Reanalysis Project. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 77(3): 437–471. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. On the recent change of the Indian summer monsoon-ENSO relationship. SOLA 1: 201–204. , , .
- GLACE Team. 2004. Regions of strong coupling between soil moisture and precipitation. Science 305: 1138–1140. ,
- 2004. Northeast monsoon rainfall variability over south peninsular India vis-a-vis the Indian Ocean dipole mode. International Journal of Climatology 24: 1267–1282. , .
- 1999. On the weakening relationship between the Indian monsoon and ENSO. Science 284: 2156–2159. , , .
- 1995. Global atmospheric water balance and runoff from large river basins. Hydrological Processes 9: 655–678. , , , .
- 2007. On the recent strengthening of the relationship between ENSO and northeast monsoon rainfall over South Asia. Climate Dynamics 28: 649–660. , , , .
- 1992. Physics of Climate. American Institute of Physics, Springer Verlag; 520, ISBN: 0883187124. , .
- 1983. The relationship between eastern equatorial Pacific sea surface temperatures and rainfall over India and Srilanka, Monthly Weather Review 111: 517–528. , .
- 2002. An improved in situ and satellite SST analysis for climate. Journal of Climate 15: 1609–1625. , , , , .
- 2003. Possible impacts of Indian Ocean dipole mode events on global climate. Climate Research 25: 151–169. , .
- 1999. A dipole mode in the tropical Indian Ocean. Nature 401: 360–363. , , , .
- 1999. On the variability and prediction of post-monsoon season rainfall over India. International Journal of Climatology 19: 309–339. , .
- 1989. Relationship between the southern oscillation and the rainfall of Sri Lanka. International Journal of Climatology 9: 601–618. .
- 1996. Spatial and temporal variations in the relationship between southern oscillation phenomenon and the rainfall of Sri Lanka. International Journal of Climatology 16: 1391–1407. .
- 1997. Extremes of southern oscillation phenomenon and the rainfall of Sri Lanka. International Journal of Climatology 17: 87–101. .
- 1999. Atmospheric moisture recycling: role of advection and local evaporation. Journal of Climate 12: 1368–1381. .
- 1998. Evaluation of the atmospheric moisture and hydrological cycle in the NCEP/NCAR reanalyses. Climate Dynamics 14: 213–231. , .
- 1999. Coupled ocean-atmosphere dynamics in the Indian Ocean during 1997–98. Nature 401: 356–360. , , , .
- 1990. Impact of Indian monsoon on the coupled atmosphere/ocean systems in the tropical pacific. Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics 44: 29–41. .
- 2003. Modulation of Sri Lankan Maha rainfall by the Indian Ocean dipole. Geophysical Research Letters 30(2): 35–1– 35–4. , , .