The erythemal clearness index for Valencia, Spain
Version of Record online: 29 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 147–155, January 2009
How to Cite
Tena, F., Martínez-Lozano, J. A., Utrillas, M. P., Marín, M. J., Esteve, A. R. and Cañada, J. (2009), The erythemal clearness index for Valencia, Spain. Int. J. Climatol., 29: 147–155. doi: 10.1002/joc.1710
- Issue online: 12 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 6 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 11 JAN 2007
- 2003. The influence of clouds on surface UV erythemal irradiance. Atmospheric Research 66: 273–290, DOI: 10.1016/S0169-8095(03)00027-9. , , , , .
- 2003. Relationship between UV (0.290–0.385 µm) and broad band solar radiation hourly values in Valencia and Córdoba, Spain. Energy 28: 199–217, DOI: 10.1016/S0360-5442(02)00111-1. , , .
- 2000. Influences of the clearness index for the whole spectrum and of the relative optical air mass on UV solar irradiance for two locations in the Mediterranean area, Valencia and Córdoba. Journal of Geophysical Research 105: 4759–4766. , , , .
- 1993. Development and characterization of a new solar ultraviolet-B irradiance detector. Journal of Atmospheric and Ocean Technology 10: 337–344. , , .
- 1982. The consistency of studies of ultraviolet erythema in normal human skin. Physics in Medicine and Biology 27: 715–720. .
- 1991. Solar ultraviolet radiation effects on biological systems. Physics in Medicine and Biology 36: 299–328. .
- 2007. Columnar aerosol properties in Valencia (Spain) by ground based sun photometry. Journal of Geophysical Research 112: D11201, DOI: 10.1029/2006JD008167. , , , .
- 1988. The time course of UVB and UVC Erythema. Journal of Investigative Dermatology 91: 454–457. , , .
- 1999. A simple all weather model to estimate ultraviolet solar radiation (290–385 nm). Journal of Applied Meteorology 38: 1020–1026. , , .
- 2003. The influence of cloudiness on UV global irradiance (295–385 nm). Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 120: 101–111. , , , .
- 1978. Living with Our Sun's Ultraviolet Rays. Plenum Press: New York. .
- JacksonEM (ed.). 1986. Photobiology of the Skin and the Eye. Macel Dekker Inc: New York.
- 1996. Analysis of daily clearness index, global and beam radiation for Beer Sheva, Israel: Partition according to day type and statistical analysis. Energy Conversion and Management 37: 405–416. , .
- 2005. Inter-comparison of the solar UVB, UVA and global radiation clearness and UV indices for Beer-Sheva and Neve Zohar (Dead Sea), Israel. Energy 30: 1623–1641, DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2004.04.033. , , .
- 1998. Chemoprevention of ultraviolet radiation-induced skin cancer. Environmental Health Perspectives 105: 981–984. , .
- 1960. The interrelationship and characteristic distribution of direct, diffuse and total solar radiation. Solar Energy 4: 1–19. , .
- 2005. The UV Index on the Spanish Mediterranean coast. Photochemistry and Photobiology 85: 659–665. , , , , , , , .
- 1994a. Estimation of the diffuse solar irradiation from global solar irradiation. Daily and monthly mean daily values. Renewable Energy 4: 95–100. , , .
- 1994b. Comparison of global ultraviolet (290–385 nm) and global irradiation measured during the warm season in Valencia, Spain. International Journal of Climatology 14: 93–102. , , .
- 1996. Measurements and analysis of ultraviolet solar radiation in Valencia, Spain. International Journal of Climatology 16: 947–955. , , .
- 1999. Ratio of UV to global broad band irradiation in Valencia, Spain. International Journal of Climatology 19: 903–911. , , .
- 2001. Aerosol optical characteristics from a summer campaign in an urban coastal Mediterranean area. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing 39: 1573–1585. , , , , , , .
- 1991. The relationship between erythemal UV and ozone, derived from spectral irradiance measurements. Geophysical Research Letters 18: 2269–2272. , , .
- 1987. A reference spectrum for ultraviolet induced erythema in human skin. CIE Journal 6: 17–22. , .
- 1991. Measurements and Analysis of Near Ultraviolet Solar Radiation, NREL/TP-253-4493. NREL: Golden, Co. , , .
- 2004. Ultraviolet (0.280–0.400 µm) and broadband solar hourly radiation at Kwangju, South Korea: analysis of their correlation with aerosol optical depth and clearness index. Atmospheric Research 31: 193–214, DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosres.2004.05.001. , .
- 2005. Ultraviolet radiation measurements in Athens. Geophysical Research Abstracts 7: 06553. , , .
- 2003. Methodology for generating daily clearness index values KT starting from the monthly average daily value K̄t. Determining the daily sequence using stochastic models. Renewable Energy 28: 1523–1544, DOI: 10.1016/S0960-1481(02)00217-3. , , .
- 2000. Sky conditions at Ilorin as characterized by clearness index and relative sunshine. Solar Energy 69: 45–53. .
- 2002. Prediction of solar radiation parameters through clearness index for Izmir, Turkey. Energy Sources 24: 773–785, DOI: 10.1080/00908310290086680. , .
- 2006. Modified calibration procedures for a yankee environmental system UVB-1 biometer based on spectral measurements with a brewer spectrophotometer. Photochemistry and Photobiology 82: 508–514, DOI: 10.1562/2005-06-23-RA-590. , , , , , , .
- WMO. 2005. Instruments to Measure Solar Ultraviolet Radiation. Part 2: Broadband Instruments Measuring Erythemally Weighted Solar Irradiance. WMO-GAW report, No. 164 (WMO TD No. 1289), Geneva.