Relationships between autumn precipitation anomalies in southeastern South America and El Niño event classification
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 29, Issue 5, pages 719–727, April 2009
How to Cite
Antico, P. L. (2009), Relationships between autumn precipitation anomalies in southeastern South America and El Niño event classification. Int. J. Climatol., 29: 719–727. doi: 10.1002/joc.1734
- Issue published online: 26 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 13 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Received: 13 SEP 2007
- 1988. On the functioning of the Southern Oscillation in the South American sector. Part I: surface climate. Monthly Weather Review 116: 505–524. .
- 2005. ENSO-related rainfall anomalies in South America and associated circulation features during warm and cold Pacific Decadal Oscillation regimes. International Journal of Climatology 25: 2017–2030. , .
- 2003. Occurrence of extreme events in the monthly mean subtropical jet intensity over South America during winter (T). PhD dissertation. University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires. .
- 2004. The major discharge events in the Paraguay River: magnitudes, source regions, and climate forcings. Journal of Hydrometeorology 5: 1161–1170. , , , .
- 2002. The relation between sea surface temperature at the subtropical South-central Pacific and precipitation in Southeastern South America. Journal of Climate 15: 251–267. , .
- 2002. The influence of ENSO in the flows of the Upper Paraná River of South America over the past 100 years. Journal of Hydrology 3: 57–65. , , .
- 2003. Extreme discharge events in the Paraná River and their climate forcing. Journal of Hydrology 278: 94–106. , .
- 1998. Relationships between precipitation anomalies in Uruguay and Southern Brazil and sea surface temperature in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. Journal of Climate 11: 251–271. , , .
- 2000. Climate variability in Southern South America associated with El Niño and La Niña events. Journal of Climate 13: 35–58. , , .
- 1998. Precipitation anomalies in Southern Brazil associated with El Niño and La niña events. Journal of Climate 11: 2863–2880. , , .
- 1996. The NCEP/NCAR 40-year reanalysis project. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 77: 437–471. , , , , et al.
- 2006. Variabilidad en baja frecuencia. In El Cambio Climático en la Cuenca del Plata, BarrosV, ClarkeR, Silva DiasP (eds). CONICET: Buenos Aires. , .
- 2007. Relations of South American summer rainfall interannual variations with the Pacific Decadal Oscillation. International Journal of Climatology 27: 531–540. , .
- 1990. Mean seasonal and spatial variability in gauge-corrected, global precipitation. International Journal of Climatology 10: 111–127. , .
- 1997. A Pacific interdecadal climate oscillation with impacts on salmon production. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 78: 1069–1079. , , , , .
- 2002. Enhanced precipitation over Southeastern South America related to strong low-level jet events during austral warm season. Meteorological 27: 59–69. , , , .
- 1982. Variations in tropical sea surface temperature and surface wind fields associated with the Southern Oscillation/El Niño. Monthly Weather Review 110: 354–384. , .
- 1987. Global and regional scale precipitation patterns associated with the El Niño/Southern Oscillation. Monthly Weather Review 115: 1606–1626. , .
- 2004. Extended reconstruction of global sea surface temperatures based on COADS data (1854–1997). Journal of Climate 16: 1495–1510. , .
- 1997. The definition of El Niño. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 78: 2771–2777. .
- 1995. Interdecadal changes in El Niño onset in the last four decades. Journal of Climate 8: 267–285. .
- 1995. An assessment of ENSO-Scale secular variability. Journal of Climate 8: 1584–1599. , .