Inter-annual and inter-decadal variations of landfalling tropical cyclones in East Asia. Part I: time series analysis
Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 29, Issue 9, pages 1285–1293, July 2009
How to Cite
Chan, J. C. L. and Xu, M. (2009), Inter-annual and inter-decadal variations of landfalling tropical cyclones in East Asia. Part I: time series analysis. Int. J. Climatol., 29: 1285–1293. doi: 10.1002/joc.1782
- Issue online: 17 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 15 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Received: 11 NOV 2007
- Swiss Reinsurance Company Limited
- Center for Climate Systems Research
- 1985. Tropical cyclone activity in the northwest Pacific in relation to the El Niño/Southern Oscillation phenomenon. Monthly Weather Review 113: 599–606. .
- 2006. Comments on “Changes in tropical cyclone number, duration, and intensity in a warming environment”. Science 311: 1713b. .
- 2005. Increasing destructiveness of tropical cyclones over the past 30 years. Nature 436: 686–688. .
- 2007. Misuse of landfall as a proxy for Atlantic tropical cyclone activity. EOS Transactions-American Geophysical Union 88(36): 349–350. .
- 2005. Hurricanes and global warming. Nature 438: E11–E12. .
- 2007. Counting Atlantic tropical cyclones back to 1900. EOS 88: 197, 2002. .
- Shanghai Typhoon Institute. 2006. Climatological Atlas of Tropical Cyclones Affecting China (1951–2000). Science Press: Beijing; 177.
- 1998. A practical guide to wavelet analysis. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 79: 61–78. , .
- 1999. Statistical Analysis in Climate Research. Cambridge University Press: United Kingdom; 484. , .
- 2005. Changes in tropical cyclone number, duration, and intensity in a warming environment. Science 309: 1844–1846. , , , .