Out-of-phase relationships between convection over northwest India and warm pool region during the winter season
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 29, Issue 9, pages 1330–1338, July 2009
How to Cite
Yadav, R. K., Rupa Kumar, K. and Rajeevan, M. (2009), Out-of-phase relationships between convection over northwest India and warm pool region during the winter season. Int. J. Climatol., 29: 1330–1338. doi: 10.1002/joc.1783
- Issue published online: 17 JUN 2009
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 26 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Received: 10 AUG 2007
- 1982. Satellite study of western disturbances. Mausam 33(2): 249–254. , .
- 1987. The relationship between large-scale convective rainfall and cloud cover over the western hemisphere during 1982–1984. Monthly Weather Review 115: 51–74. , .
- 1971. Cloud systems associated with western disturbances-A preliminary study. Indian Journal of Meteorology and Geophysics 22(3): 413. , .
- 2007. Meridional momentum flux and superrotation in the multiscale IPESD MJO model. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 64: 1636–1651. , , .
- 2002. Circumglobal teleconnections, the jet stream waveguide, and the North Atlantic oscillation. Journal of Climate 15: 1893–1910. .
- 1990. On the basic dynamics of regional cyclogenesis. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 47: 1417–1442. , .
- 2004. On the Forcing of ENSO Teleconnections by Anomalous Heating and Cooling. Journal of Climate 17: 3225–3235. , .
- 1967. Synoptic study of the formation and movement of western depression. Indian Journal of Meteorology and Geophysics 18(1): 45. , .
- 1985. Stationary external Rossby waves in vertical shear. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 42: 865–883. , , .
- 1993. Rossby wave propagation on a realistic longitudinally varying flow. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 50: 1661–1671. , .
- 1996. The NCEP/NCAR 40-year reanalysis project. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 77: 437–471. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Description of a complete (Interpolated) outgoing longwave radiation dataset. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 77: 1275–1277. , .
- 1972. Description of global-scale circulation cells in the Tropics with a 40–50 day period. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 29: 1109–1123. , .
- 2002. The tropospheric biennial oscillation and Asian-Australian monsoon rainfall. Journal of Climate 15: 722–744. , .
- 2004. Analytic representation of the large-scale organization of tropical convection. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 61: 1521–1538. .
- 1957. The role of western disturbances in the production of weather over India during different seasons. Indian Journal of Meteorology and Geophysics 8: 253–260. .
- 1956. Western disturbances and indian weather. Indian Journal of Meteorology and Geophysics 8: 333–338. , .
- 1956. On the sub-tropical jet stream and its role in the development of large-scale convection. Tellus 8: 26. .
- 1999. A dipole mode in the tropical Indian Ocean. Nature 401: 360–363. , , , .
- 1963. Upper air circulation associated with a western depression. Indian Journal of Meteorology and Geophysics 14(3): 156. .
- 1979. Westerly upper air troughs and development of western depression over India. Mausam 30(4): 405–414. .
- 1977. Study of western disturbances. Indian Journal of Meteorology, Hydrology and Geophysics 28(2): 233–242. , .
- 2004. Improved extended reconstruction of SST (1854–1997). Journal of Climate 17: 2466–2477. , .
- 1987. The variable and interactive monsoon. In Monsoons, FeinJS, StephensPL (eds). John Wiley: New York; 269–330. .
- 2007. Role of Indian Ocean sea surface temperatures in modulating northwest Indian winter precipitation variability. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 87: 73–83. , , .
- 2003. Sensitivity of intraseasonal perturbations in SST to the structure of the MJO. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 60: 2196–2207. , .