Frequency of extreme rainfall events in Southern Brazil modulated by interannual and interdecadal variability
Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 29, Issue 13, pages 1988–2011, 15 November 2009
How to Cite
Pscheidt, I. and Grimm, A. M. (2009), Frequency of extreme rainfall events in Southern Brazil modulated by interannual and interdecadal variability. Int. J. Climatol., 29: 1988–2011. doi: 10.1002/joc.1799
- Issue online: 23 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 30 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Received: 22 OCT 2007
- 1988. On the functioning of the Southern Oscillation in the South American sector. Part I: Surface climate. Monthly Weather Review 116: 505–524. .
- 2002. The relation between sea surface temperature at the subtropical South-Central Pacific and precipitation in Southeastern South America. Journal of Climate 15: 251–267. , .
- 1986. Anomalias de Precipitação no Sul do Brasil e Variações na Circulação Atmosférica. Revista Brasileira de Meteorologia (Brazilian Meteorological Magazine) 1: 83–90. , .
- 1997. Surface pressure patterns during the Year over Southern South America. Journal of Climatology 17: 635–653. , .
- 1999. Multiscale variabilities in global sea surface temperatures and their relationships with tropospheric climate patterns. Journal of Climate 12: 2719–2733. , .
- 2004. The South America Monsoon circulation and its relationship to rainfall over West-Central Brazil. Journal of Climate 17(1): 47–66. , , .
- 2003. The El Niño impact on the summer monsoon in Brazil: regional processes versus remote influences. Journal of Climate 16: 263–280. .
- 2004. How do La Niña events disturb the summer monsoon system in Brazil? Climate Dynamics 22: 123–138. .
- 2000. Climate variability in Southern South America associated with El Niño and La Niña events. Journal of Climate 13: 35–58. , , .
- 1998. Precipitation anomalies in Southern Brazil associated with El Niño and La Niña events. Journal of Climate 11: 2863–2880. , , .
- 2006. Interdecadal variations in AGCM simulation skills. Journal of Climate 19: 3406–3419. , , .
- 2002. Moisture budget of the bimodal pattern of the summer circulation over South America. Journal of Geophysical Research 17(D20): 8075. , , , .
- 2001. Climatic variability over the North Atlantic. Meteorology at the Millenium: 150th Anniversary of the Royal Meteorological Society, Academic Press: London, 143–151. , , .
- 1996. The NCEP/NCAR 40-years reanalysis project. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 77: 437–471. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1989. Global climatic anomalies associated with extremes in the Southern Oscillation. Journal of Climate 2: 1069–1090. , .
- 1984. A review of the Southern Oscillation: oceanic-atmospheric circulation changes and related rainfall anomalies. Tellus 36A: 490–504. , , .
- 2000. The atmospheric water vapor cycle in South America and the tropospheric circulation. Journal of Climate 13: 1899–1915. , , .
- 1997. A Pacific interdecadal climate oscillation with impacts on salmon production. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 78: 1069–1079. , , , , .
- 1990. Characteristics of Rainfall over Brazil: Annual Variations and Connections with the Southern Oscillation. Theor. Appl. Climatol 42: 81–91. , .
- 2003. Global analysis of sea surface temperature, sea ice, and night marine air temperature since the late nineteenth century. Journal of Geophysical Research 108(D14): 4407. , , , , , , , .
- 1987. Global and regional scale precipitation patterns associated with the El Niño/Southern Oscillation. Monthly Weather Review 115: 1606–1626. , .
- 2001. Patterns of coherent decadal and interdecadal climate signals in the Pacific Basin during the 20th Century. Geophysical Research Letters 28: 2069–2001. , , , , .
- 1994. Decadal atmosphere-ocean variations in the Pacific. Climate Dynamics 9: 303–319. , .
- 1987. Mesoscale convective complex in the Americas. Journal of Geophysical Research 92: 9591–9613. , .
- 1997. ENSO-like interdecadal variability: 1900–1993. Journal of Climate 10: 1004–1020. , , .