Seasonal predictability of daily rainfall statistics over Indramayu district, Indonesia
Article first published online: 27 NOV 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 29, Issue 10, pages 1449–1462, August 2009
How to Cite
Robertson, A. W., Moron, V. and Swarinoto, Y. (2009), Seasonal predictability of daily rainfall statistics over Indramayu district, Indonesia. Int. J. Climatol., 29: 1449–1462. doi: 10.1002/joc.1816
- Issue published online: 20 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 27 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 22 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2008
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Grant Number: NA050AR4311004
- US Agency for International Development's Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance. Grant Number: DFD-A-00-03-00005-00
- US Department of Energy's Climate Change Prediction Program. Grant Number: DE-FG02-02ER63413
- 2007. Seasonal variability of Indonesian rainfall in ECHAM4 simulations and in the reanalyses: the role of ENSO. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 87: 41–59. , , .
- 2005. Modeling Indonesian rainfall with a coupled regional model. Climate Dynamics 25: 1–17. , , , , .
- 2003. Identification of three dominant rainfall regions within Indonesia and their relationship to sea surface temperature. International Journal of Climatology 23: 1435–1452. , .
- 2007. Use of seasonal surface temperature for predicting optimum planting window for potato at Pengalengan, West Java, Indonesia. In Climate Prediction and Agriculture: Advance and Challenge, SivakumarMVK, HansenJ (eds). Springer: New York; 135–141. , .
- 2004. Statistical downscaling from observed and modelled atmospheric fields. Hydrological Processes 18: 1373–1394. , , , .
- 2003. Linking atmospheric circulation to daily rainfall patterns across the Murrumbidgee River Basin. Water Science Technology 48: 233–240. , , .
- 1978. The Viterbi algorithm. Proceedings of the IEEE 61: 268–278. .
- 2001. Current approaches to seasonal-to-interannual climate predictions. International Journal of Climatology 21: 1111–1152. , , , , , .
- 2003. The effect of spatial aggregation on the skill of seasonal precipitation forecasts. Journal of Climate 16: 3059–3071, DOI: 10.1175/1520-0442(2003)016 < 3059:TEOSAO > 2.0.CO;2. , , .
- 2007. A role for tropical tropospheric temperature adjustment to ENSO in the seasonality of monsoonal Indonesia precipitation predictability. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres 112: D16110, DOI:10.1029/2007JD008519. , , .
- 2002. Spatial and temporal variations of the rainy season over Indonesia and their link to ENSO. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 80: 285–310. , , , , , .
- 2005. Stochastic disaggregation of monthly rainfall data for crop simulation studies. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 131: 233–246. , .
- 2001. Spatial coherence and predictability of Indonesian wet season rainfall. Journal of Climate 14: 3882–3887. , .
- 2000. Decomposition of the Continuous Ranked Probability Score for ensemble prediction systems. Weather and Forecasting 15: 559–570. .
- 1994. A class of stochastic models for relating synoptic atmospheric patterns to regional hydrologic phenomena. Water Resources Research 30: 1535–1546. , .
- 2006. Bias correction of daily GCM rainfall for crop simulation studies. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 138: 44–53. , .
- JolliffeIT, StephensonDB (eds). 2003. Forecast Verification: A Practitioner's Guide in Atmospheric Science. John Wiley and Sons: Chichester, ISBN 0-471-49759-2.
- 2005. Evolution of ENSO-related rainfall anomalies in Southeast Asia region and its relationship with atmosphere-ocean variations in Indo-Pacific sector. Climate Dynamics 25: 337–350. , .
- 1986. Anatomy of a rainfall index. Monthly Weather Review 114: 764–771. , .
- 1998. Overdispersion phenomenon in stochastic modeling of precipitation. Journal of Climate 11: 591–601. , .
- 2005. Modeling of multivariate time series using hidden Markov models. Ph.D. thesis, University of California, Irvine. .
- 2007. Predictive skill of AGCM seasonal climate forecasts subject to different SST prediction methodologies. Journal of Climate 21: 2169–2186. , , .
- 2007. Conditional exceedance probabilities. Monthly Weather Review 135: 363–372. , , , , .
- 2008a. Spatial coherence and seasonal predictability of monsoon onset over Indonesia. Journal of Climate (in press). , , .
- 2008b. Local versus large-scale characteristics of monsoon onset and post-onset rainfall over Indonesia. Climate Dynamics sub judice (in review). , , .
- 2008c. Weather types and rainfall over senegal. Part I: observational analysis. Journal of Climate 21: 266–287. , , .
- 2008d. Weather types and rainfall in Senegal. Part II: Downscaling of GCM Simulations. Journal of Climate 21: 288–307. , , .
- 2006. Seasonal predictability and spatial coherence of rainfall characteristics in the tropical setting of Senegal. Monthly Weather Review 134: 3468–3482. , , .
- 2007. Spatial coherence of tropical rainfall at regional scale. Journal of Climate 20: 5244–5263. , , , .
- 1987. A general framework for forecast verification. Monthly Weather Review 115: 1330–1338. , .
- 2002. Using El-Niño Southern Oscillation climate data to improve food policy planning in Indonesia. Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies 38: 75–91. , , , .
- 2002. The economic value of ensemble forecasts as a tool for risk assessment: From days to decades. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 128: 747–774. .
- 2007. Downscaling of seasonal precipitation for crop simulation. Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology 46: 677–693. , , .
- 2004. Downscaling of daily rainfall occurrence over Northeast Brazil using a Hidden Markov Model. Journal of Climate 17: 4407–4424. , , .
- 2006. Subseasonal-to-interdecadal variability of the Australian monsoon over North Queensland. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 132: 519–542. , , , , .
- 1996. The atmospheric general circulation model ECHAM4: Model description and simulation of present-day climate. Technical Report 218. Max Planck Institute for Meteorology: Hamburg, Germany; 90. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1988. Predicting rainy season potential from the onset of rains in southern Sahelian and Sudanian climatic zones of West Africa. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 42: 295–305. .
- 1994. Searching for analogues, how long must we wait? Tellus 46A: 314–324. .
- 1999. Interannual variability and extreme-value characteristics of several stochastic daily precipitation models. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 93: 153–169. .