Summer daily precipitation variability over the East Anglian region of Great Britain
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 29, Issue 11, pages 1661–1679, September 2009
How to Cite
Neal, R. A. and Phillips, I. D. (2009), Summer daily precipitation variability over the East Anglian region of Great Britain. Int. J. Climatol., 29: 1661–1679. doi: 10.1002/joc.1826
- Issue published online: 25 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 29 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Received: 2 APR 2007
- 1949. British weather and continentality. Weather 4: 189–191. .
- 1992. Atmospheric circulation and daily precipitation in Wales. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 46: 3–25. , .
- Climatological Memorandum 133. The Climate of Great Britain: East Anglia and Lincolnshire. UK Meteorological Office: Bracknell.
- 1992. A First Course in Factor Analysis, 2nd edn. Erlbaum: Hillsdale NJ. , .
- 1996. Precipitation and airflow indices over the British Isles. Climate Research 7: 169–183. , , .
- 1964. The distribution of severe thunderstorms over Great Britain. Weather 15: 172–177. , .
- 1996. Delineation of mesoscale climate zones in the northeastern United States using a novel approach to cluster analysis. Journal of Climate 9: 1765–1782. .
- 1964. The sea breeze and inland convection: an example of their interrelation. Meteorological Magazine 93: 82–89. .
- 1926. The distribution over the British Isles in time and space of the annual number of days with rain. British Rainfall 66: 250–279. .
- 1977. An Initial Climatology of Gales Over the North Sea. Synoptic Climatology Branch. Memorandum No. 62. Meteorological Office: Bracknell. , .
- 1993. A comparison of Lamb Circulation Types with an objective classification scheme. International Journal of Climatology 13: 655–663. , , .
- 1960. The application of electronic computers to factor analysis. Educational and Psychological Measurement 20: 141–151. .
- 1997. Eastern England. In Regional Climates of the British Isles, MayesJ, WheelerD (eds). Routledge: London. , .
- 2007. Winter daily precipitation variability over the South West peninsula of England. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 87: 103–122. , .
- 1983. Circulation type and spatial distribution of precipitation over central, eastern and southern England. Weather 38: 173–177, 200–205. .
- 2003. Redefining the climate zones of Turkey using cluster analysis. International Journal of Climatology 23: 1045–1055. , , .
- 1963. Hierarchical grouping to optimize an objective function. Journal of the American Statistical Association 58: 236–244. .
- 1984. Spatial patterns of precipitation in England and Wales and a revised, homogeneous England and Wales precipitation series. Journal of Climatology 4: 1–25. , , .